Does anyone own a 184bhp Scout?

Just wondered if anyone is currently driving one as there seems to be very few posts on Scouts and it is probably what I will look to replace my vRS with at some point this year, or early next year?

In fact, does anyone own the lower powered Scout?

Does anyone own anything to do with a Scout??   :p

Answers below please if you do - what's it like to drive, what's the fuel economy like, etc, etc.

Cheers,

H

Edited by Herschel

Hi Herschel, I have the Scout 184 which replaced a 2011 DSG 4x4 Oct estate, as you would expect the power difference is big!

As yet we don't have too many miles on it so the mpg is only around 42 and this has been mostly around town / country driving but I expect this to improve.

The acceleration is great, the way it handles in the snow covered roads of the last weeks is excellent as you would expect, and the equipment it has compared to the last Oct is much better with the infotainment system standing out.

Bill Blake may come in and give you more help, he was one of the first to get one and will have done more miles.

Gomezz. :D

Cheers Gomezz.

Is it quite comfortable and quiet?

Clearly, it should be more comfortable than my vRS, but most of the reviews you read don't seem to say much about the refinement, concentrating more of the practicalities of owning the car..............

Anyway, hopefully Bill Blake will come on with some further comment.

It's one of the few cars I am interested in swapping mine for - that and a new petrol vRS estate.......    :devil:

But I think I may have to go down the "comfortable" route for my next car, so it will either be a Scout or an SUV of some description.

Scout is definitely a rare car around Birmingham - I haven't seen a single one yet.

Cheers,

H

I test drove the Scout but opted for an Elegance with the same engine. The Scout just seemed too high and bulky (with those plastic add ons) for my taste.

But as for comfort, it felt pretty soft and comfy compared to the Volvo I drive currently. Maybe a little too much, which is why I opted for the Elegance.

I picked up a 184hp Scout on Friday.  It's a great car so far - one long motorway drive and it's very relaxing, perhaps a tiny bit more road and wind noise than my old E class but that's a pretty unobtainable standard, even the current E class is louder than my old one.  

It's more fun to drive than the Merc as it's a bit more point and squirt and willing.  No shortage of power at all.

Not tried it off road yet.

HID headlights are fantastic.

I specced HID on my 150 AWD, after those on my old VRS PD170, and these are even better, especially coupled with LEDs.

I agree there is room for sound deadening, for improving suspensions (a bit too soft, IMHO) and perhaps for engine grunt.

Hi Herschell

I love my 180 Scout, coming from a 2010 Scout almost 5 years have past and the improvements are considerable comfort, cabin space, a feel of better quality materials inside and out, quieter and faster of course the DSG my first, is an amazing gear box so versatile and fun to drive I use all options from time to time, off road on fishing trips and so far no problems with very muddy tracks and more recent snow. still got a gripe about lac off blind spot facility on drivers door mirror and I only use stop start at traffic lights .I have 3000 miles on the clock now and I would recommend this car  to any one who wants this kind of 4x4 capability .

Great, thanks for the responses all, and thank Bill for the post above - can you post a picture of your car chap?  I would be interested in the Metal Grey colour!  :)

Cheers,

H