2015 Name That Car Game

PastyBoy

Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:04, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:04, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:04, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:04, said:

Toyota Crown Coupe circa 1972?

no

Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:06, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:06, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:06, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:06, said:

Or possibly Mazda RX coupe similar period (but which one?)

no

Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:19, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:19, said:Wile7, on 19 Apr 2015 - 07:19, said:

Mazda 818 saloon....?

yes.  good skills.

Grotefoto-GLBZTXXG_zpshjgzytdr.jpg

Which was the reliable, but blander looking and slower conventional version of the RX3.  The RX3 has 6 round taillights, quad headlights and a disposable rotary engine :) and to my mind is a bit collectable.

rx3-red-1024x543_zpsq6zcx1dn.jpg

rx3%201_zpsvoncnjxs.jpg

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 2

I could see the car in my mind but couldn't think what it was, the Mazda thing threw me as I didn't really remember them for that era, if I'd seen the last shot with the round tail lights I think I might've got it, there was also a heavy USA influence in Japanese cars of the 70's as well which is why I originally wondered if it was an American slightly post muscle car era car.

• Like 1

I grew up in Hong Kong from the late 60's through to the late 1990s (although back in the UK for Uni and work) but mum and dad stayed on until 1999. Dad always had Jap or Australian cars mainly....and some of e 70's saloons and coupes were awesome.

I could see the car in my mind but couldn't think what it was, the Mazda thing threw me as I didn't really remember them for that era, if I'd seen the last shot with the round tail lights I think I might've got it, there was also a heavy USA influence in Japanese cars of the 70's as well which is why I originally wondered if it was an American slightly post muscle car era car.

Mate the round taillights were such a giveaway - thats why I chose the 818 not the RX3

• Like 2

The Blue one  from Wile is a Colt Sapporo.

Strangley enough, I was going to post this Mitsubishi Galant Lambda yesterday but chose the Mazda instead.

Mitsubishi_Galant_lamda_2600_Super_Touri

I suppose it could have been mistaken for an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme?

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

The Blue one  from Wile is a Colt Sapporo.

Mitsubishi_Galant_lamda_2600_Super_Touri

I suppose it could have been mistaken for an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme?

In those colours.....totally agree. FUGLY :D

Indeed it was Camelspyyder....a Colt Sapporo.

I almost bought one of those in the mid 80's, that colour as well, someone had had 2x sunroofs fitted lengthways, I really wanted it but it was at my max budget and the mot was short so I pulled the plug and got my deposit back as the seller gave me the option to pull out as he had another buyer for it who would accept it as it was for the full askings, it was a really nice car I liked the pre-facelift one better as I felt it had more of an edge to it, the Starion was well out of my grasp at the time but highly desirable.

• Like 1

Yes I fancied the Saporro and the Starion in the 80's, but one was too slow, and mates had issues with the turbo motor in the other, so I bought an Audi Coupe GTE5 - sweet.

Moving on - try this:

thumb94

• Like 1

Mikek3111, on 19 Apr 2015 - 22:32, said:Mikek3111, on 19 Apr 2015 - 22:32, said:

Maserati 3500. Absolutely beautiful car

Would be the GT as the gti had rectangular indicators

And just to make it even more gorgeous:

maserati-3500-gt-7536_zpsfbdfvzsr.jpg

A Vignale convertible. :p

Edited by camelspyyder