Dtuk tuning box settings

Hi I'm normally the guy that responds to other people's problems so hopefully its my turn for the advice.

I have a mk3 vrs diesel I have fitted a dtuk tuning box (due to warranty n all that) and I'm wondering what people's settings are I have tried a few settings and their don't seem to be much difference in performance. I'm in 2 minds weather to keep it or send it back.

Thanks

• Like 1

Running 1+2 on the newer style box. Was running 3+1 on the old box. Sending mine back in the next few weeks for an update as my maps are old, they've updated them since I got it in August last year.

This is on a vRS TDI. Boxes have different maps for different models of car I believe so other maps posted here will only be relevant if they have the same car as you.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

Sorry Da21982 are you saying you don't feel any performance difference from stock (your original car before the tuningbox was fitted) or you don't feel a difference between the different maps ?

If you don't feel a difference from stock, talk with the guys at DTUK as something isn't right, be it the box or your instal they'll help you through it.

Regards

T

I see they offer more than one box.  Is this the "Trevor", we're talking about?

Are there any significant differences between the boxes?  (pardon my ignorance if this is covered elsewhere)

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=10

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=4286

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_octavia_iii-vrs-2.0-tdi-184-ps-cr-stage-2-(crd-t

Edited by Smeghead

I see they offer more than one box.  Is this the "Trevor", we're talking about?

Are there any significant differences between the boxes?  (pardon my ignorance if this is covered elsewhere)

Diesels use Trevor (aka CRDT+), petrols use FSR.

Sorry I was editing my post when you wrote this. There seems to be 3 boxes for the TDI.

Ah OK,

There's a cheaper one that is for Eco only CRDe

Then there is the original CRDT, and the new CRDT+ (Trevor).

So only 2 available, and you want Trevor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah OK,

There's a cheaper one that is for Eco only CRDe

Then there is the original CRDT, and the new CRDT+ (Trevor).

So only 2 available, and you want Trevor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew - it arrived today and is indeed the Trevor :)

Service next week, then I'll be fitting it ready for my annual pilgrimage to the mountains in Feb :D

• Like 1

I have the tuning box fitted and didn't feel any difference at all I have spoke to dtuk who advised 1 +1 only trouble is now sometimes the extra power is their and sometimes it's not. I'm going to dtuk tomorrow after work they going to have a look.

sometimes the extra power is their and sometimes it's not. I'm going to dtuk tomorrow after work they going to have a look.

This happens to me as well, like it depends on the position of the pedal, cant really describe that..

It's asif you have to hold the revs up slightly before full throttle then it's okay it when you accelerate hard from low rpm it's like its been removed if that's the case it's going back.

It's asif you have to hold the revs up slightly before full throttle then it's okay it when you accelerate hard from low rpm it's like its been removed if that's the case it's going back.

Yeah, I would say exacly you like describe.

Yeah, I would say exacly you like describe.

Sounds like the boost is set too high and your getting some turbo lag?, have you tried using the -1,-2 etc to dial the boost down a little?

Been to dtuk today they swapped my box and loom from their car and its perfect now the power is amazing they recommend programme 1 +1 seems to knock out 239.6 bhp.

Been back to dtuk today they swapped my box and loom from their car and its perfect now the power is amazing they recommend programme 1 +1 seems to knock out 239.6 bhp.

So, the first box was shot and they give you a second hand one in return?

Yes the power increase is great I thought the original box I had was good when it worked now this one the have given me is amazing even in 5th it holds you in the seat. From 80 to 125 happens in a split second. Even 6th upto 135 just keeps going.

• Like 2