those little bits I'm going to miss..

Just sat inside a Mk3 Fabia today (after looking at the new Polo).  Looks like I'll be buying the new Fabia and I'm going to miss some little things on the Mk1 Fabia of mine, such as:

1) The fact that you can't adjust the brightness of the dashboard illumination anymore..

2) The fact that you can't open the boot from inside the car anymore..

3) The fact that you can't open the fuel filler cap from inside the car anymore..

4) My coke can compartment with the A/C cooling switch.. :(

5) The fact the heated seats have only 2 heats settings on a pathetic little button as opposed to the nice little dial which gave 3 settings..

Things I'm not a fan of on the new Fabia..

1) There's no option of having a black roof and black alloys with Pacific Blue colour scheme..  :doh:

2) There's no option of a rear parking camera (like the new Polo has)..

3) The simply clever pack should really be integrated on the SEL model and there should have been a separate place to store your phone, rather than it taking up the drinks holder slot (not that clever if you ask me).

4) The spare wheel insn't included and I think it should be standard..

5) The sunset glass isn't standard on the SEL (but it is on the Polo SEL)..

Things I like..

1) DAB radio and Multimedia with touch screen, USB and SD card for MP3 (pretty much identical to the Polo)..

2) Quality and feel inside the cabin over my Mk1 is considerably better and looks a lot smarter..

3) Airbag deactivation for passenger side is standard.. good if you have a little kiddie-winkie in a carry seat..

4) Split level boot shelf..(same as the Polo)..

5) 91MPG (Extra Urban).. probably means I'll get close to 100 the way I drive..

and the final thing.. only 8 weeks build time!  When I asked the VW dealer about the Polo build time he said to my utter amazement (cue drum roll.... 6 months!) What the f.c.u.k.?  Yeah, apparently the Polo now gets built in South Africa.. ?!?!?!  So it looks like the new Skoda wins, I'm not waiting until June.. I'll get it in March - with a nice shiny new 15 plate on it.. :)

My Mk1 has served me well though.. it's been a great little car the last 12 years.. and I will be sad to see it go.. :'(

• Like 1

I noticed there's still the option of routing air through into the glove box (like the Mk1), so I'm thinking if the aircon is on, then you can chill the glove box at any rate.. just the bespoke can compartment was nice previously..