How to wash the engine?

Hello everyone,I got oil spilage at the back of the engine on fabia rs 2004.Acces is limited so I want to know how to safely wash the engine without causing damage and what sort of cleaning product I should use.Thanks.

Edited by 10092

There's some stuff that goes by the unlikely name of 'gunk' that you can brush on, or spray on to the affected areas. Then you just rinse it off with water. You don't need much of either to make a big difference, so it's much less risky than - for instance - jet washing.

On a general note, this section is intended for people to publish 'how-to' type threads in, rather than appeals for technical guidance. It's not a biggie, but you will tend to get more replies if you ask your questions in the mk1 Fabia forum. :happy: