Aussie Ocky 3 - Columbus and (lack of) DAB Radio

Greetings all...

Have a 6 month old Ocky 3 Elegance Combi with the Tech Pack and Columbus Infotainment.   For some reason that I can't fathom, Skoda dumbed down the SW features that you guys in Europe enjoy.  I am 99% sure the Columbus system is a fairly common unit and allwe have are FM and AM bands for the radio.  No DAB or DAB+ bands even though we've got a raft of DAB station across Oz.

Anyone out there have any ideas on how to unlock the DAB feature in the software stack and activate it.

Thanks!

check 5F with Byte 14

if Bit 1 is resonspible for AM other Bits will mybe for DAB

or try my Byte 14 in your car

SW:5E0-035-874-A   HW:5E0-035-874-A ---  Informationselek. I Bauteil:MU-S-ND-ER    040 0421, Codierung:03730201FF0000001111120100A802002F0003840100010046 EV_MUStd4CPASE,002039,EV_MUStd4CPASE_SE37.rod Montag,12,Januar,2015,20:11:45:52789 VCDS Version: DRV 14.10.0  Datenstand: 20141115 VCID: 264F759BC1E70D3359F-8073

but this is a Amundsen, so mybe better to compare 1:1

Edited by cerumen

It's most likely a case of enabling the option using vcds. However, you may also need to have an appropriate aerial installed. I had similar with my current car (a passat) When I ordered it, there was no option for DAB but it was introduced (as an option) before my car was built. One of the first things i did was have an aftermarket aerial installed (£90) and enabled the option using a genuine vcds cable

Edited by Greg R

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was this difficult to do?  

I don't have a VCDS cable. So, I paid someone else to do it for me. He barely took five minutes to do it. 

Edited by Sak

• 6 months later...

Get a OBDeleven - it costs $80 and will do traffic updates and a whole range of other mods like deactivate auto start-stop. It does most of what VCDS does at small fraction of the price.

I've never seen anything about DAB in Oz tho.

• 1 year later...