Paint warranty

Mwhippet

They told me to jog on with mine said they suspected it had been painted near to the sills / arches causing the rusting which is a load of *********** as a paint thickness gauge would confirm ..... Any way got her booked in for both sills undersealing then painted over and both arches blown in

I once phoned skoda uk about this and the woman was really honest and told me all the loop holes.

Tailgates are the only ones really that they cant get out of, but the rear arch rusting at the back is caused by stones getting between the bumper and the body, rare they cover this.

Any sign of stone chips or touch up paint and again they wont cover it.

Rust in random places that shouldnt get damaged by road debris and bubbling from underneath should all be covered as they have to prove that it waa caused by something else, and its easier for them to just pay out.

Pretty annoyed with Skoda. Their paint warrenty is terrible. The lacker on my spoiler started peeling off around 4 years ago and they palmed me off claiming the damage was "out side to inside" so not their issue....

Waste of time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chip in...mine is starting to rust as well, in several places, and unfortunatley, just out of warranty.  I have it on my tailgate - quite bad, and my offside sill.   Stupidly, I did not flag this earlier, when the car was in warranty!  DOH!  I was going to try them, and see what they say.

• Like 1

Mine is in the same state in hopeful that when they do the boot they will also do the spoiler

I had my spoiler done privately and it was re-lacquered in situ. So it should be possible to do it without removing/replacing.

JRJG

• 2 weeks later...

I took mine to my local dealer for rust spots to be looked at and they just said ah that's due to stone chips I wasn't pleased so gona take it to another dealer for there opinion

• Like 1

I took mine to my local dealer for rust spots to be looked at and they just said ah that's due to stone chips I wasn't pleased so gona take it to another dealer for there opinion

That's what I got told, they only had a quick look and took pics,didn't check paint levels or owt. But mine a 04 plate so no doubt they'll tell me to beggar off if I went back.

That's what I got told, they only had a quick look and took pics,didn't check paint levels or owt. But mine a 04 plate so no doubt they'll tell me to beggar off if I went back.

Its no the point though my car is an 06 so it should be covered under warranty

Its no the point though my car is an 06 so it should be covered under warranty

it should be (mine was too at the time) make sure you know what they should be checking when you go, I obviously didn't and paid the price.

Yeah I have this warranty thing as well, But touch wood I haven't had any problem with the paint yet! Mines 9 years old as well! :):D Mind you the last owner of my car took it to the beach and took the dogs for a walk so you could imagine what the inside was like when I got it (!!WREAKED!! :() But did give it a good clean and has come up really well now! :D Also the last owner seemed to hit light objects and has got a lot of scratches all over it! :( Will have to get the t-cut out on Sunday! OR should I take it to a garage and beg to respray it for me I think they would tell me to get off! :D Will have to do it myself! Oh well :)

Edited by KangarooReviews2014