Pioneer AVH-X3500dab - hand brake bypass

Hi Guys,

Just won a pioneer AVH-x3500dab from the bay.

I want to bypass the hand brake function so videos/dvds will play whilst in motion.

I have seen numerous videos on youtube but in one the chap simply took the lead and put a connector on it then screwed it to the actual metal body of the head unit.

Will this work?

Or would splicing it into another cable back there be better?

Many thanks

Matt

yes, I used a nut on the dash mainframe (car body), just stripped the wire back, loosen the nut, wrap around thread and tighten up. The wire when connected to the handbrake just goes to ground when the lever is up so it cannot be used when off you are just supplying a permanent ground.

• Like 1

I think that may be the older Pioneer units and Kenwood that use a relay, pretty sure I just grounded this exact unit. Either way you tube tells all, give it a go cant hurt.

I had a fairly new pioneer unit and it could sense it was grounded, swapped to relay and it bypassed the handbrake perfectly, it takes about 10mins to knock up a bypass harness and a 4 pin relay.

When radio sends pulse to amp cable it routes it to relay, relay turns power to other pin, radio thinks handbrake is applied.