Missold car - Incorrect VED band

Good luck Andrew. 

I have a couple of battles myself right now

BT Broadband speed halved and still the same after 2 1/2 months and 8 'engineers'

Pothole damage to tyre and wheel in December and only now been passed to council solicitors.

So the issue has now finally been resolved.

Skoda UK tell me my cars engine is identical to the current engine in terms of all specifications except for the emissions ( which I find a little difficult to believe ).

The dealership contacted Skoda UK again and improved their offer to me which Skoda UK are also matching to double the new amount.

This new figure is more in line with my expectation so I have accepted the offer.

In the end neither the dealership nor Skoda UK admitted any responsibility, so this was just a good will gesture.

So in the end both the dealership and Skoda UK acted fairly and I am happy that this will be resolved once I receive the compensation.

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Andrew

• Like 4

So the root cause, ie wrong brochure figures quoted leading to £20k+ car being bought due to £20 per annum tax band, a matter of deep principle, has now been resolved not on the matter of principle, but by a bit more money being offered?

Wasn't that the only way it was ever going to be?

• Like 1

i had an Audi 3.0 tdi Quattro Avant in 2005 tax disc was approx £200 for the year + OK  225g/kg

i then ordered a brand new one in 2007 i never gave the tax bands a thought after 3 months i found out it was £400 to renew the tax = 226g/kg

so i sold it out of principle 3 months old with 1,800 miles on it

then i bought a BIGGER car an Audi A8 3.0tdi Quattro Sport = 225g/kg £200  ( STUPID  GOVERNMENT )

i still have the Audi

of course now its £285 = 225g/kg

£485 = 226g/kg

im happy i changed car

and so AndrewS7889 i know just how you feel mate

So, you took a depreciation hit of, what? £7,000?

All because the V E D was £200 per annum more?

I wish I could afford to have principles like that. Phrases like More brass than brains keep coming to mind

• Like 2

I have July 13 Elegance estate 140 facelift and I too have this problem, highlighted thanks to this forum and my first tape renewal. I am with the original poster.

I contacted DVLC who advise getting written details from Skoda confirming the error.

I am talking to the dealer tomorrow first though. They asked me to call after an email.

I am not expecting miracles and if Skoda says mine is 121 that is what it will be. No point in fighting but no harm in persuing for a bit.