blackvue power pro

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help as I'm completely lost, I've read a few of the other threads but none that have fully helped me sort this.

Popped the glove box out (absolute pain) and then was stumped as to which fuse to attach the wires to. The ground wire is obvious but what fuses are people connecting the acc(+) and the batt(+) to? Also is it ok to wrap the wires around the fuse and plug back in or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance I'm totally lost

Connected my Acc wire to the rear wiper fuse and the permenant battery one to the 12v socket. I used the ebay fuse taps seen above.

This is the Power Pro thing that came with mine:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/311956-show-your-octavia-iii-dashcam-setups/?p=3978989

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

I did the same as James.

It meant that I, unfortunately, had to wire the phone charger/cradle up to a permanent live as I couldn't find another switched live that wasn't the rear wiper.

Connected my Acc wire to the rear wiper fuse and the permenant battery one to the 12v socket. I used the ebay fuse taps seen above.

This is the Power Pro thing that came with mine:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/311956-show-your-octavia-iii-dashcam-setups/?p=3978989

Did you plug the piggy back into the original spot where the wiper fuse/12v was? Also did you put the fuse which you took out into the piggy back with another one -as there is two fuse spots?

Sorry for all the questions

Did you plug the piggy back into the original spot where the wiper fuse/12v was? Also did you put the fuse which you took out into the piggy back with another one -as there is two fuse spots?

Sorry for all the questions

Yes and yes. Piggy back fuse replaces the original fuse then that original fuse goes in the back of the piggy back fuse along with a new fuse so both piggy back fuses should have two fuses in them....if that makes sense.

You should be able to work out which socket on the piggy back fuse is for the new fuse and which is for the old fuse by looking at it - The socket with a cable coming out under it (for the new wire) will be the new fuse socket.

Yes and yes. Piggy back fuse replaces the original fuse then that original fuse goes in the back of the piggy back fuse along with a new fuse so both piggy back fuses should have two fuses in them....if that makes sense.

You should be able to work out which socket on the piggy back fuse is for the new fuse and which is for the old fuse by looking at it - The socket with a cable coming out under it (for the new wire) will be the new fuse socket.

Thanks mate really appreciate the help, one last question before I try tackling this - did you use the same amp fuse as you pulled out for the wiper/12v in the spare slot? Edited by jfi2ee

Think I used a 5amp for the blackvue. And 3 for the phone charger. Could have been the other way round though? Blurs into one after a while.

I used 20amp for both - is this going to have an effect on anything...nothing has happened yet

I used 20amp for both - is this going to have an effect on anything...nothing has happened yet

As there any other fuses? Your blackvue may well be on fire before it pulls over 20amps.....

As there any other fuses? Your blackvue may well be on fire before it pulls over 20amps.....

The piggy back in widescreen wiper has a 15amp and a 20am in the cigarette lighter there is two 20amp. Is this going to cause any issues?

Edited by jfi2ee