Central locking..it happened again..Normal?

horkin

I recently posted that my central locking from the key fob stopped working. It happened when my wife inside the car tried to open her door exactly at the same time I was turning off the engine. (I have mine set so that the doors are locked until the engine is switched off, lock at 7 mph mode) After about 10 mins it all started working again fine.

Now today (about 2 months after the above) We walked towards the car and she again started to open her door simultaneously as I was unlocking. The doors all remained LOCKED. Nothing at all from the key fob, just dead.

I opened the car with the key, the alarm went off. I started the car and stopped it again. After that all doors EXCEPT the front passenger door would open.

I tried the interior doorswitch on the centre console, but It still wouldn't open, I could lock and unlock the other 3. After a few minutes I turned the engine off and on again and all worked fine and now it's back to normal.

It is a strange phenomenon. Last time it happened I thought perhaps if one operates the door handle at EXACTLY the same time as the key fob it seemed to confuse the computer. Today  appears to confirm that??

Not being funny, but you need to well your wife to stop being an impatient so & so and wait for you to unlock.

Got a point, i always tell my girlfriend to wait and stop pulling on the handles until i fully unlock all doors and to stop being so impatient or my car will start having issues

You guys think I haven't already told her that? :rofl:  It was more that just a 'tell her moment'  Had a huge domestic all the way into Grimsby, now she looks like this :x

• Like 1

Hahah glad to hear i'm not the only one who has had an argument over this handle pulling impatience, i've even had a go at her for slamming the door a few times :D

Worst is when she leaves her door open, pops round to the boot and slams the hatch forgetting a door is open, almost fetches it off the hinges :devil:

Does my head in, then as soon as i get in her car and close the door "err can you not slam the door please", i couldn't have closed it any quieter lol...i'm really ocd with my car and like to look after it, don't let anyone eat in it and am always telling people off to be careful when inside :D

• Like 1

Yup. Tell her.

I know us briskodians are qualified relationship advisors.

But my SWMBO has had such a *******in for slamming doors, she sarcastically shuts them as gentle as possible now. Which suits me fine.

Show her whos boss ;) aha.

• Like 1

I'm always telling her "can you not do this, can you not do that, be careful with this, stop touching that" gets on my t*ts! At least she's more careful now otherwise she can get a bus pass

I'm always telling her "can you not do this, can you not do that, be careful with this, stop touching that" gets on my t*ts! At least she's more careful now otherwise she can get a bus pass

I've thought about getting her a door mat which i can put out before she gets in

She didnt like the idea.

Apparently its me thats OCD.

pfft.

• Like 1

Good idea, don't know why she didn't like it. I would get an automatic opening and shutting door and a swivel chair that she can sit in before she gets in the car and it swings her in so she doesn't scratch or damage anything on the way in

• Like 1

I have very recently had a problem with central locking. Yesterday morning it was frozen, I unlocked my car warmed it up got the ice off then took my wife to work it was 06.30. On returning home I went to lock the car with my key fob, the passenger door and the rear doors locked but the drivers door won't lock except manually. It is the same with unlocking I have to unlock it manually but the key fob will unlock the other three doors and boot but not the drivers door. The little red light that blinks is now on permanently. Any advice?