Fuel Temp Sensor location on vRS?

Cripes

Can anyone tell me where this sensor is located in my vRS engine bay?

I've done a search, and the only post that discusses it in depth contains a few red herrings and a link to an article on a mod, but the pics don't show up anymore.

I've seen reference to it being of steel rather than plastic, and there is a circular device attached to the bulkhead, but don't know whether that's it. I've also seen reference to it being off the tandem pump - is that the pump attached to the right hand side of the engine? On a dark, cold winter's day nothing's obvious!

I've attached a pic of my engine in case it helps.

Thanks!

post-96278-0-14891200-1422779511_thumb.jpg

where the lower fuel pipe turns down on the right hand side there is a short length of rubber then it should be the sensor  not sure what's happened on yours   seems unlikely it's missing or someone's moved it--- just follow thro' the return system from head back to the thermo' valve on the fuel filter 

• 2 years later...
On 1 February 2015 at 09:44, cheshire_cat said:

where the lower fuel pipe turns down on the right hand side there is a short length of rubber then it should be the sensor  not sure what's happened on yours   seems unlikely it's missing or someone's moved it--- just follow thro' the return system from head back to the thermo' valve on the fuel filter 

Bit of a thread revival: 

Any ideas what replacing the sensor consists of? 

I have a fault code for the fuel temperature sensor, I assume the area circled, and as you describe, is the place I should be aiming for. 

I have yet to open the bonnet and have a look, I assume it is connected by the wire 'crimp' circ clips? 

Many thanks 

JRJG