Central Locking Activation Audiable Confirmation

Is there a VCDS Adaption to beep the horn when the central locking is activated?

Not sure about the Horn, but you can certainly get the alarm siren to chirp on lock/unlock.

My car has Maxi dot and you can do it via that. It's set via "ATA Confirm", which i think is under the "Comfort" menu (but i can't check right now).

Hopefully that is of some use if you're using VCDS.....

EDIT: Should have said, my car is a facelift.....

Edited by sdenny

My car is pre F/L (no maxi dot) and I have just done it mine using VCDS. it's not the horn that chirps but alarm siren. Mine took a few attempts as it accepted coding but reverted back afterwards. But it now works. 2 chirps on opening 1 chirp to lock.

Edited by Mikek3111

Iirc you have to unselect confirmation on horn and select both on siren then there's one that says siren confirmation disabled (something similar) you have to uncheck that.

Use the search function there's plently of info on it.

OK, I do not have an alarm fitted so I'm going to have to think of something else.  What I need is a signal that tells me that the central locking has been engaged, which I could get from the flashing LED on the drivers door, or somwhere around the confort unit - I would guess.  I have noticed that the amber light on the interior locking switch flashes once when the car is locked by the fob or key.  However, it does seem intermittent in that it does not apear to flash everytime I lock the car.  Do you guys have have the switch with light? if so, would you check next time you lock your car?

By the way, you mentioned your car is a face lift.  Mine is a late MKII 2008.  Is that concidered FL?

Colinecek, the facelift came in in 2009 so yrs is a preFl If yours is an L and K I am surprised it hasn't got an alarm though. Mine is the same age and does...

Thanks Mike/Adam for the explaination. Mine is a L&K and I was really suprised that it was not fitted from new (I have owned it from new).  I guess it did not get fitted because we don't have criminals here in the Czech Republic :-)

• Like 1

...we don't have criminals here in the Czech Republic :-)

yeah let's keep dreaming (I'm Czech too btw).

I am not surprise that L&K in CR has some/few features left behind. All Octavias in the UK ware fitted with projector lenses as standard, yet in Czech it was optional.