Exhaust tip

New exhaust tip I found in hellfords the other day. £9 selling them off.

So I thought what could I do with that as I've been toying with the idea for a while. So I got an adaptor made up welded it to the tip so when I got a spare 15mins I'll get it fitted.

Has anyone fitted any sort of exhaust tip yet ?

Edited by wire
  • Like 1

Just don't see the point given the exhaust is pretty much hidden behind the bumper.

What do you mean I don't see the point ? it will sit nice under the bumper so as just showing the chrome tips

Doesn't the exhaust point downwards behind the bumper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does m8, I will be grinding the tip off the end of the exhaust leaving a straight pipe then the adaptor I have welded onto the tip will fit over the oe exhaust tube.
  • Like 1

Be very interested to see the pics of it fitted.

Standard exhaust doesn't exactly add any 'sportiness' to the cars appearance (bit 'old fart' really), and it's always good to see the individual touches that people come up with to make their cars that little bit different from all the others on the road.

This did cross my mind when I first went searching for the exhaust, so you might be onto something catchy with this mod.

• Like 1

What do you mean I don't see the point ? it will sit nice under the bumper so as just showing the chrome tips

My point exactly - you are taking something that is already nicely hidden from view, and hacking it to make it visible for no benefit.

If the manky tailpipe was already visible, then yes, a chrome cover would make perfect sense. But in this instance, it seems pointless. Nonetheless, look forward to the pics and seeing how it looks in real life.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

My point exactly - you are taking something that is already nicely hidden from view, and hacking it to make it visible for no benefit.

If the manky tailpipe was already visible, then yes, a chrome cover would make perfect sense. But in this instance, it seems pointless. Nonetheless, look forward to the pics and seeing how it looks in real life.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Sorry, but I don't really get why you are saying this or do i detect a little bit of the green eyed monster appearing ? Can you explain to me if you agree with putting stubby aerial's on the rapid as the OE does the job perfectly. Lowering the car as the original springs do the job perfectly, spraying and wrapping the grille when the original grille does the job well. Altering vcd's for no reason other than own preference. Do I need to carry on.

I know we're not exactly talking about going this far… but seriously which looks better?

skoda rapid sport back 34

skoda rapid Rs rendering 2

To be quite honest anything's got to be an improvement on what just looks like a drainage tube poking out just below the rear valance!

Sorry, but I don't really get why you are saying this or do i detect a little bit of the green eyed monster appearing ? Can you explain to me if you agree with putting stubby aerial's on the rapid as the OE does the job perfectly. Lowering the car as the original springs do the job perfectly, spraying and wrapping the grille when the original grille does the job well. Altering vcd's for no reason other than own preference. Do I need to carry on.

I don't see what any of that has to do with your intended modification to an exhaust? You posted an idea for public review, I posted my opinion. You don't have to agree with or like my view of your planned project any more than I have to agree with or like your idea.

If you didn't want other people to post their own views on your idea - after all, you canvassed input on the idea - you probably shouldn't have posted it in a public forum.

• Like 1

Please don't get me wrong but I'm not keen on exhaust tips, in this case I don't think they look to bad but I'd much prefer a full exhaust system - I realise that's a lot more money, time and effort.

As promised folks.

Don't look to bad

Very nice… a job well done I think - and worth the effort.

Tasteful and appropriate (bearing in mind it is called a Rapid Sport)!

• Like 1

Any difference to the exhaust note?

I fitted a genuine Skoda 'accessory' oval tip on my MK2 Octy 1.6MPi in place of the standard piece of scaffolding tube that was poking out the back (only required the removal of 3" of the existing tube coming out of the rear muffler) and the exhaust tone was noticeably different afterwards, which I never expected. 

Any difference to the exhaust note?

I fitted a genuine Skoda 'accessory' oval tip on my MK2 Octy 1.6MPi in place of the standard piece of scaffolding tube that was poking out the back (only required the removal of 3" of the existing tube coming out of the rear muffler) and the exhaust tone was noticeably different afterwards, which I never expected.

No difference in exhaust tone. To be honest, I wouldn't of put it on if there was. I'm past them days now m8 of cherry bomb's n peco exhausts where everyone could here you coming a mile away LOL. Plus I don't think two kids in the back would appreciate it.

Just wanted something to try something different.

• Like 1