Indicators not flashing after locking with remote

I have been dealing with this issue since I got my Octy. 

Anyway, I`ll describe what is happening in more detail.

When I lock the car using remote indicators do not flash door locke signal. If I keep repeating locking command from the remote, after two, (usually) three or even four (this one very rarely) presses on the remote keyfob, and every time I can hear lock mechanism relocking with each press. I replaced all four microswitches in door locks but this issue still exists. Also I might be near the cause...

When I press lock key on my remote first time, I can hear all doors locking. When I press lock key on remote again (second time) only left rear door (my car is LHD) lock is relocking. And after third press I hear all lock relocking and then idicators usually flash for door locked signal.

Also one more interesting thing is hapenning. When I open drivers door and get out of the car, and press central locking button on the door trim and then close the drivers door and then press lock button on my key fob indicators flash after first press on remote. But when I unlock using remote and then lock again using remote, indicators do not flash and I have to repeat aforementioned procedure if I want to see indicators flashing.

Also my car is packed with factory alarm system if that helps anyway.

Edited by Arminator

I had a similar reluctance of doors to lock or unlock unless tried two or more times due to friction in the door lock mechanisms.

You need to lubricate the locks with a spray lubricant. If you are lucky you can spray a copious amount in through the small gaps between the lock and the door at the door edge. If not you need to take off the door cards and spray from inside the door, making sure you seal up the membrane afterwards.

Early sign of the lack of lubricant is that the indicator rod on a door is reluctant to rise or fall all the way or that the motor makes a sort of warbling noise when opening. All this is my own experience but others have now adopted the spray lube regime too.

Plus one for the above, getting into the door and spraying them is going to be part of my annual regime. If you do go in there to do it its worth checking and protecting your multiplug while you're there. There's a post in the tech section.

• 1 month later...

SOLVED!

After fixing the issue with interior lighting (you can find it here), I started fixing issues mentioned in OP.

The problem is following (my English is not very best so excuse me if I miss-use some of the terms in description):

The electro-motor was partially faulty. Its axle (no.1 on the pic) was spinning properly but connection (tightness) between it and the toothed wheel (no. 2 on the pic) on it was loose and it did not have enough strength to properly move the lock mechanism and to trigger the switch which informs the CCM about lock position. I fixed this by adding some glue to improve tightness between these two and now it works like a charm.

BTW. My hands were too dirty to take pictures so I used one found here as the lock mechanisms are the same at this part.

Hope someone will find this useful.

Cheers

post-120576-0-28641300-1427041137_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arminator
  • Like 1