Bumpstops for 25mm Vogtland Shocks & Springs

Pinchy

Hi guys,

Having a set of Votgland shocks and springs fitted next Friday :-) and wondering if I have got all the bits that need changing. If someone could let me know this is all I need / what other items should be changed I would be very grateful :-).

So as well as the suspension kit I have ordered:

Top mounts & bearings front

Top mounts rear

Seat cupra bump stops

Is there anything else that would need changing? Also not entirely sure if I needed the Cupra bump stops for just a 25mm drop?

Cheers!

Pinchy

No mate you dont really need them. But will be fine. They are a lot shorter than std. But the vogtland kit doesnt really lower the rear i got new std ones and trimmed 15mm off them to make it easy to fit the new dust sheaths to them as they were not oem and needed fiddling with to fit together. Both were same langth after and Ive had no trouble even with a full car.

The fronts lower around 20mm. Its a subtle change on this kit.

Cheers man, I've ordered them now so i'll have them fitted anyway. Should be nice and tidy with the cupra ones. 

Yeah I've seen your review thread it looks awesome mate. Ideal for what I'm after :-)

I've always found using the shortened bump stop from a 'sportier' model is the way to go for a decent overall damper compression/feel. Cutting standard ones doesn't do the same thing unfortunately as the compound of rubber is different - usually firmer, meaning that if it is struck then it have a similar effect in less compressed space. They also don't seem to last the mileage from my experience, once they've been cut around with.

I've just re proven this theory as I'm in the middle of swapping my FSD's off the Yeti for the Bilsteins. I ran the FSD's with the standard full length bump stops and there have been signs of them touching when really pushing it. The Bilsteins are now going on with a shortened version from another VAG vehicle - sportier in nature than the Yeti and you can feel the rubber is firmer - these should allow the extra bit of travel the shock needs with the lowering springs. Ive also sourced new motorsport top mounts and uprated bearings for the job. :)

None are that easy mate,  if your strapped mate, just do the suspension then next year have the bushes done as youll need to have the alignment done again

Cool I think after suspension, alignment & MOT in 1 hit I'll be waiting until next year!

I've always found using the shortened bump stop from a 'sportier' model is the way to go for a decent overall damper compression/feel. Cutting standard ones doesn't do the same thing unfortunately as the compound of rubber is different - usually firmer, meaning that if it is struck then it have a similar effect in less compressed space. They also don't seem to last the mileage from my experience, once they've been cut around with.

I've just re proven this theory as I'm in the middle of swapping my FSD's off the Yeti for the Bilsteins. I ran the FSD's with the standard full length bump stops and there have been signs of them touching when really pushing it. The Bilsteins are now going on with a shortened version from another VAG vehicle - sportier in nature than the Yeti and you can feel the rubber is firmer - these should allow the extra bit of travel the shock needs with the lowering springs. Ive also sourced new motorsport top mounts and uprated bearings for the job. :)

Cheers Yeti Man. I'll deffo use the Cupra stops as I've ordered them and sounds like it was the right choice. Being solid and un-tampered it will give me more peace of mind too.

• Like 1

I'd order some droplinks while your there. Probably knacker the old ones removing them. Also there is a cup that the springs sit in to stop it corroding on the rear. Should Get them from skoda. And meyle hd droplinks. I'd also be tempted to get console bushes. Either psb poly bushes from eBay or the cupra ones. Not point spending all that for the ride to be a bit crap because of them.

I'd order some droplinks while your there. Probably knacker the old ones removing them. Also there is a cup that the springs sit in to stop it corroding on the rear. Should Get them from skoda. And meyle hd droplinks. I'd also be tempted to get console bushes. Either psb poly bushes from eBay or the cupra ones. Not point spending all that for the ride to be a bit crap because of them.

Cheers Livy. I don't suppose you have a part number for the cups?