octy 4x4 service intervals - variable not on?

Hi just bought my octavia last week, service book has the variable service code on it, but the service message has just come on and it is exactly 10k miles after the last service leading me to think that somehow its not set up for variable servicing. I have flicked through the manual and it mentions that if you manually reset the service indicator the display will no longer use the variable service intervals. Lst service wasnt done by skoda.

EDIT: ok just seen another post on this and it is as I suspected probably a manual reset on the mileometer. But the question still remains below: What are my options now!!!

So what can I do? do I now have to get it serviced at skoda and get them to set up my variable servicing again? or can I just visit them and get them to switch to variable servicing now and hopefully get a few more miles before it needs doing?

Quite a few Skoda dealers reset the service interval display from variable to fixed on new cars sold by them. I think the way ahead for you now is to get your car serviced, including filled with the correct spec LongLife oil (ie VW 503 00), and then put onto variable servicing. It doesn't have to be a VAG dealer to do the latter - but it does need to be done with suitable diagnostic hardware or software (eg VAG-COM).

Guest Fabia 12v

car needs a 10k lube service anyway... get this done then get them to put in on variable.

Edit: Ignore me i read initial post to be that u had it from new i.e 0 miles. If car was new it would need 10k lube, sorry for any confusion.