Oil concerning TFSI vRs

2007 Octavia Vrs 92,000 miles,

Had PCV blanked off

Topped oil up begining of last month maybe, checked today and it's on minimum, must of done maybe less than 1000 miles easy, and starting to be pretty concerned , no major leaks that if noticed on floor :S

5w40 Nanodrive is far better than the 5w30 recommended IF your car is tuned.

On 5w30 my oil was a dark brown colour after a few hundred miles (there are various threads on other forums about 5w30 being too thin once the engine is tuned). Since putting Nanodrive in mine 1300 miles later it is still a nice golden brown colour. Tells me it's not breaking down like 5w30.

Check inside your intercooler pipes and your under tray. You may find some of your oil there ☺️ The rest will probably be sticking to your intake areas.

Amazing engine though...mine has just clocked 111,000 miles.

I bought my vRS in November '14, I've done about 2000 miles since then and the oil has hardly moved on the dipstick.  Still only done 51000 miles.  I must be lucky !

Well I mucked that up good and proper, I was trying to edit my original post and ended up with 2 posts !  :peek:

Edited by SkodaKitteh

I used to use Castrol edge 5w30 then made a change to the same stuff dealers use from TPS...quantum 5w30. It used to use a little bit every 1k miles maybe 250ml but since changing It hardly uses any. This is good but I find odd as I was led to believe edge and quantum were the same oil.Maybe this isn't the case.