Is there any way to retro-fit the colour Maxi-dot?

I wouldnt bother. Short of providing a slightly higher res, basic animation and some colour for symbols etc its no more functional.

It came as standard on my Elegance but id not have paid for it.

Even if you can get one married to your car Skoda will want £££ for a new cluster.

New cluster......................

I though whats the point but did ask the dealer to see one & sat in a Golf R  (standard) & looked at the display & was "I Want".............

Having driven a Polo courtesy car recently without the colour display I've got to say I'm very pleased I ordered it with mine - although I didn't originally and amended my order after a week or so of the initial order. Having said that, I don't think I would have missed it if I ordered the black and white to start with.

In my opinion the colour MFD & the reversing camera so cheap (comparatively), as to not spec them is silly...........

........just look at how many how-to guides there are on retro fitting the camera (admittedly some people had no option to spec).

It's a mistake you made. If the rest of the car you love, just wait & keep an eye open as someone will come up with a cheap swap solution!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Soo...I like the appearance of the colour Maxidot, is their a cheaper fix to this now that its a few years later ? Or is it a complete new cluster swap and dealer coding ? 

It’s still a full cluster swap and I have a spare one but the mileage can’t be altered on these so mine would read from 99,542. You can alter the mileages only on new ones. VC’s are the same and it’s the same price/hassle to fit one of those.