1.4 tsi manual gearbox problem

Hi,

I bought my octavia 1.4 tsi manual gearbox in mai 2014.

One month after buying the car I heard a noise from the gearbox when the engine was cold.

This happened when releasing the clutch while the gearbox was in neutral gear.

Have been twice to my dealer and after opening the gearbox (6days in service) they stated that it is a normal noice.

Three month latter, beside the noise when releasing the clutch some vibrations occur. This is happening only fore few minutes after starting the engine.

Gone to the dealer again and same story: this is normal.

I am absolutely sure is not normal but can do nothing.

Anyone has any idea?

Hmmm might actually be a failing/faulty DMF? If the noise goes away when the clutch is depressed id suspect that.

Ive not heard of any horror stories of 1.4's eating their gearboxes as yet but then its early days.

Vauxhall have some problems with the gearboxes in their 1.4T variants though, dont cope well with the increased torque output apparently

Bearing failing? Had a legacy vauxhall make a more pronounced humming/whirring noise when the clutch pedal was not depressed and the car was in neutral.

Depress clutch and noise disappeared.

Input shaft bearing was very worn. Worth considering similar if the gearbox is similar.

To add to this a mazda 6 had very similar symptoms from cold. The transmission used to judder and vibrate when pulling away from cold. Engine at normal temp and there was no problem.

Transpired to be a worn/faulty clutch.

Same problem with the car traveled 2000 km. The same engine and gearbox. The third time I presented a complaint, sent a video, taken me to talk. Getting There were also discussed that all normal. The final answer - pressure bearing, relieved, etc. are interchanged. Manufacturer defective, it also occurs in other parts of Europe, it was said to me. Skoda is working with the new details. With effect from 15 March is expected to change parts, factory side. Still waiting for 3 months and traveled 3000km. Worse things have not gone. Demand exchanges, Skoda's a known bug, let explore the factory. Sorry for the google translation of the English language. :peek:

• 4 years later...