Absolutely Flaming Livid!

Such

What a mess! When I read the thread I thought maybe the OP was a bit of a perfectionist../quote]

I am not a perfectionist, although my neighbours think I suffer from OCD when it comes to washing my car.

Cheers

Feel for you mate , truly shocking. Yet managed to stop dealer Erhem valeting the wife's pristine car and all they were doing were fitting new wheels under warranty

The problem is that there is probably only a small percentage of Skoda owners who frequent Briskoda and take pride in their cars

90% of Skoda owners are no doubt chuffed to bits that their car comes back apparently nice and clean, and don't think twice about it

Having said that, I'd like to see them have a tick box on a job sheet, or better still require a signature, to confirm that you want them to clean your car, but I can't see that happening

well managed to take some pictures as the sun is shining atm.

The car has not been touched since the wash was attempted by motorline.

Its hard to capture the real extent on camera but I think you will see from these pictures:

Christ mate,really feel for you,bonnet and doors look like they've been cleaned with a brillo pad.Hope you get compo' for it,and soon.

Christ mate,really feel for you,bonnet and doors look like they've been cleaned with a brillo pad.Hope you get compo' for it,and soon.

More fool them if the word gets around :(

well managed to take some pictures as the sun is shining atm.

The car has not been touched since the wash was attempted by motorline.

Its hard to capture the real extent on camera but I think you will see from these pictures:

Those photos could be of a 1 year old vRS of the same colour that I saw for sale in a dealer.  When I pointed out the swirl marks the answer was, "They are all like that".  I didn't buy from that dealer.

Well, as expected, Skoda uk have no teeth hence are unable to do anything but say sorry!

I am now seeking another dealer to created job card for a altitude sensor or boost sensor fault before warranty expires on Friday this week!

I will be getting a few quotes for paint correction and taking motorline Dartford to small claims court for partial payment. Any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Sadly, I feel the best resolution for this will be to get the machine polisher out and resolve it yourself - not what you wanted to hear undoubtedly but I doubt you will get anywhere...

I now use one of my mates - a Skoda Master tech of 15 years that has set up his own business = no issues - EVER

Easy way round this for next time....buy a candy white car. The paint is unreal, probably partly down to it being a solid colour but its seemingly very strong and doesnt show any swirls at all. I must confess I dont wash my car v regularly, does get cleaned when in for a service and I have once out of desperation put it through a car wash and its absolutely fine.

Another benefit....its nigh on the same colour as the primer used so even stone chips are difficult to spot..apart from the front bumper.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

will be writing "letter before action" to Motorline Dartford.

Does anyone know who the big chief is there?

Thanks

Well, as expected, Skoda uk have no teeth hence are unable to do anything but say sorry!

I am now seeking another dealer to created job card for a altitude sensor or boost sensor fault before warranty expires on Friday this week!

I will be getting a few quotes for paint correction and taking motorline Dartford to small claims court for partial payment. Any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks

That's an absolute bloody shocker mate and I feel for you. Like you, I'm very particular about my car and despite it being a 56 plate Elegance, the paintwork is in top condition as I won't have anyone wash it but me.

The only advice I can give is for you to post in the Styling & Car Care forum. The lads there are extremely knowledgeable and after seeing the results of some of the corrections they've done, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Good luck with the claim and I sincerely hope you reach some sort of conclusion.

That's an absolute bloody shocker mate and I feel for you. Like you, I'm very particular about my car and despite it being a 56 plate Elegance, the paintwork is in top condition as I won't have anyone wash it but me.

The only advice I can give is for you to post in the Styling & Car Care forum. The lads there are extremely knowledgeable and after seeing the results of some of the corrections they've done, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Good luck with the claim and I sincerely hope you reach some sort of conclusion.

Thanks flying pig :thumbup:

• Like 1

Such

Honestly good luck and you are right with your letter. But before you go any further, if that is required, I really would go and seek some legal advice. If it goes to court they will fund Counsel (and smart ones at that) which you could end up paying for if it goes pear shaped..You`ve said, on here, your car had some marks previously. Believe me a smart barrister will make a meal out of that and as the case will be judged on `the balance of probabilities` who knows the outcome..Forgive me if you are already clued up legally, but otherwise I would seek professional advice first. I`d hate to see you in worse position than now..Good luck

Edited by paully

I have sought legal advice and have legal cover, hoping I wont require it.

In my letter, I am seeking 75% of the costs to put right, as the car was not perfect, but nowhere near as bad as post wash.,

I have witnesses that would also testify on the condition my car was kept in too, one of them works for the dealer - 

Thanks for your comments

I have witnesses that would also testify on the condition my car was kept in too, one of them works for the dealer - 

Not for much longer is he decides to support you in the face of potential legal action against his own employers :sun:  

• Like 2

Right, got a response from Motorline when they received the letter.

Met with service manager today and the owner of the valeting company, who had a look around my car. The sun was partially out, so some marks could be seen, but not on the shaded side.

He commented, in his opinion, that the car had been resprayed on some panels, and had probably been buffed, so may have been already present. 

I gave my opinion on their washing technique and he came back with his many years of experience washing cars including bentleys etc and he has never had issues.

In his opinion, the marks are "completely normal, unavoidable for a car of my age and not caused by his valeters." Again they quoted new cars have the same marks.

The service manager seems to think it is impossible to get all the marks out.

I explained the car was definitely NOT in this state before it was washed by Motorline, as I had spent 3 hours 2 days before, cleaning the paintwork and applying sealant, so I knew what it looked like.

To  cut a long story short, both agreed that this is not bad and entirely NORMAL.  I find it hard to believe that someone so experienced in valeting can really believe swirl marks and scratches are unavoidable!

The owner said he could get it waxed for me, but that was about it.

The service manager said that if I paid for paint correction, and ALL marks were removed, then he would reimburse the cost - as he really believes it cannot be done.

So, three choices -

Accept their offer to polish and wax

pay for myself and claim back - but motorline will probably use some excuse to not pay

Let the court decide. 

I will consult my legal advisor for their opinion, but any suggestions are welcome

Cheers

I really feel for you on this, but with something like paintwork from a legal point of view, it is going to be very subjective.

I echo some of the above comments, get the machine polisher out and give it a good going over. 

If they polish it for you, you will never be happy with the end results, guaranteed. 

Thanks Stu

I do not have a machine polisher and would have no idea where to start, or which to get, as they do take a bit of practice to use.

If i decide to go down this route, would it be reasonable to expect a contribution towards the polisher from them?

Or should I let them go over it lightly and use that as a starting point - though not sure if I trust them?

Thanks Stu

I do not have a machine polisher and would have no idea where to start, or which to get, as they do take a bit of practice to use.

If i decide to go down this route, would it be reasonable to expect a contribution towards the polisher from them?

Or should I let them go over it lightly and use that as a starting point - though not sure if I trust them?

If they can't clean your car properly, then what chance do you have of them polishing (and I mean correcting polish, not polish full of fillers to hide the damage) the car correctly?

You could try to push for cost towards repairing it yourself but I don't think it will wash (no pun intended) in a court of law. Don't quote me on that though, I'm certainly no legal representative.