Another black mk1 vrs

EDI

Thought I would make a progress thread on here of my first skoda, I've had the car a couple of weeks and so fatr it's been ok, had a few problems but nothing too serious

Anyway I bought the car standard and have a few plans for it but just doing bits when I can.

Plans:

Wind deflectors

Exhaust

Window tints

Fmic

Maybe a remap

anyway some pics of when I first got it and how it is now

DSC_0065_zpsfack9j6d.jpg

DSC_0061_zpsdwnifpin.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsmnwb3dq7.jpg

DSC_0091_zps2ptcy3rm.jpg

DSC_0114_zpsfh7qdkgc.jpg

How it sits now:

DSC_0143_zps0eveifki.jpg

DSC_0144_zpsxxp3osls.jpg

DSC_0147_zpsgwxpw29b.jpg

Any opinions/advice is welcome

Car has been lowered on 40mm springs, despite all the hate cheap springs get these are quite good imo and not too bouncy

Cold air intake down near wheel which gives a nice noise

Thinking of just changing the backbox for now (to a straight pipe)

No spacers on, I was going to get some but since I fitted the springs I think spacers will cause the wheel to rub against the arch

I'm on standard shocks too but it rides fine, it is a bit bouncy but not in a way to annoy me

Erm no I did it the pikey way and cut it off from under the bumper it was too much messing around to get it off properly

EDIT:

My plan was to just undo the 2 bolts holding the the towball section on and leave the rest of the unit on incase I ever wanted to put it back on in the future or when I sell the car bit the bolts rounded and my patience went out the window and the grinder came out

Edited by EDI

Just out of interest- how did you remove your tow bar? Was It a bumper off jobby?

If you want to remove it properly though you will need to take bumper off and maybe the backbox bit don't hold me to that, then it's 2 bolts on each side of the towbar frame holding it on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking about having a go at turning my bumper into a widemouth but really unsure as don't want the plate on the lhs (as you look atbthat car from the front) :/

• 2 weeks later...