Feedback from anyone with REVO Remap on petrol vRS

I'm looking at purchasing a new Octavia vRS DSG petrol and am considering the REVO 300+bhp remap.

If any of you have this remap, can you give me some feedback, please?

What is the difference in performance like?  Does it give torque steer?  Can the DSG handle the extra torque/power ok?  etc...

Many thanks

I had a Revo map on my mark 2 , 333lb ft of torque, if you have DSG i would consider a DSG map as well to match the gear changes to the increased torque. Revo offer discounts if you do both, worth it. I had them both with my R36 as well but when the mechatronic unit failed I could not reflash as was a revised one, (which Revo did not support as sao few R36 ever sold )now got both with JRTunning  , I went for an R36 ( now running 340 bhp as it can handle the bhp as its four wheel drive, although not as powerful as the mark 3 Octavia, no torque steer but wheelspin unless I were in third especially in the wet, so once off the line it was gobsmackingly good but most cars could have you off the line unless you had a support truck with spare tyres ! 

Make sure you get the 230 version with the LSD or you'll just be wheel spinning all day, bad enough on a non remapped version!

You only have to read some of the comments on the Seat Leon Cupra mk3 forum, even with the LSD, they're still getting the wheels spinning a fair bit.

To be honest, either you go for something like a VW Golf MK7 R or,...you just change the driving style and don't use the go pedal like an on and off switch.

A decent map will bed in slowly over the power band.

I didn't go Revo, my car was the development car for Superchips so to the OP, I can answer only based on my car which is running roughly 330bhp and 368flbt.

My cars the DSG and the map hasn't hampered the gear changes in anyway, throughout the rev range they're still as smooth as ever, however you can have the DSG, as mentioned before, remapped too if you want sharper/quicker changes.

Performance wise I've a verified by GPS sprint time of 5.2 0-60 which I reckon I can improve on, however this isn't why I went for the map, for me it's more about usable real world performance/in gear which the car is now blindingly quick. Suffice to say the car's now capable of 0-100mph in just over 11 seconds (Again, I reckon I can improve on this when the weather's drier).

MPG wise I've lost on average about 5mpg, pre map by best on a long journey was 50.3mpg, now it's around 45mpg with long term average now around 35mpg whereas before it was nearer 40.

This engine's a peach and very capable and certainly not slow by any means in stock form, I just wanted a little more shove in gear and boy, I got that ten fold!

Thanks for your replies folks - all good points and suggestions.  Think the best Octavia solution would be a vRS 230 (for the eLSD) with an engine and DSG remap.

Although, (just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons) I've just read that the new Superb will have a 270 bhp 2 litre turbo range topper. I'm guessing this will engine will easily remap into the mid 350 bhps  - and this will be 4WD which will avoid traction issues.  I loved my Superb 3.6 V6 so this could be an option too...

Thanks for your replies folks - all good points and suggestions.  Think the best Octavia solution would be a vRS 230 (for the eLSD) with an engine and DSG remap.

Although, (just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons) I've just read that the new Superb will have a 270 bhp 2 litre turbo range topper. I'm guessing this will engine will easily remap into the mid 350 bhps  - and this will be 4WD which will avoid traction issues.  I loved my Superb 3.6 V6 so this could be an option too...

Superb will indeed get the Cupra engine, 0-60 stock is around 5.8 seconds aided of course by the 4x4.

I think it's weighing in at 1,625kg though so in gear won't be as lively with most decent torquey diesels being able to keep pace.

Having said that, you'll be able to map it to around 350bhp and 360flbt so should aid a bit on the in gear side of things, however a VRS 230 DSG with the eLSD can be mapped to 330bhp and 360flbt and weights a good 200kg+ lighter so should prove a more effective in gear vehicle,.. Nice problem to have though as both cars will be a good buy,....

I have been driving revo stage 1 mapped 2014 vrs for 25.000km now. Yes remap is very much noticeable across all gears and revs. Car pulls much stronger, on winters esp kicks in even on 3rd gear. I also have SPS option and can select 4 different modes. Stock, RON95, RON98 and RON106. I am constantly using RON98. Only once filled in with race petrol and tried ROM106 mode, the car is pretty much mental. DSG seems to handle more power pretty well. Although i had twice seen EPC light popout on a dash both happened on shell vpower in power mode 2 when engine reved to red zone. Otherwise would highly recommend revo.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just found this after searching for "vRS 230 remap" - interesting comments here. 

Regarding the wheel spinning I was out test driving the vRS 230 "4x4" a few days ago, much less spinny than I imagined - I currently have a mk1 and was impressed with the new car.

-Rob

Ok so I'm somewhat confused, we definitely talked about it being 4x4 to the point that he did a finance quote telling me it was the 230 4x4. However looking at the brochure there's no 4x4 option on the 230. 

So either I was so impressed with the diff compared to my car that I just didn't notice it was actually FWD or something else is going on.

Colour me confused - The dealer is sending me through a spec sheet for the demonstrator I drove, hopefully today so I'll see what's on there. It's likely they just made a mistake and I had a good deal of confirmation bias when I drove the car...

Ok so I'm somewhat confused, we definitely talked about it being 4x4 to the point that he did a finance quote telling me it was the 230 4x4. However looking at the brochure there's no 4x4 option on the 230. 

So either I was so impressed with the diff compared to my car that I just didn't notice it was actually FWD or something else is going on.

Colour me confused - The dealer is sending me through a spec sheet for the demonstrator I drove, hopefully today so I'll see what's on there. It's likely they just made a mistake and I had a good deal of confirmation bias when I drove the car...

The 230 gets a fancy front diff which is suposed to stop wheel spin and under/over steer. The 220 or diesel version don't get the fancy diff. 

Was it a petrol you drove and was it a 230. Dealers will tell you anything

If you have a brochure have a look at the Spec the 230 comes with as standard over the normal Vrs. There is quite a lot of extras.

It might give you an Idea if the salesman was talking out of his pants

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I'm looking at purchasing a new Octavia vRS DSG petrol and am considering the REVO 300+bhp remap.

If any of you have this remap, can you give me some feedback, please?

What is the difference in performance like?  Does it give torque steer?  Can the DSG handle the extra torque/power ok?  etc...

Many thanks

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/388215-vrs-revo-technik-review-on-ph/