How Hard??

i just thought' date=' as skoda didnt make the vrs 4x4 how hard would it be to make it 4x4?

i am assuming you wound need a new rear axle and a differant gear box (good chance for a 6 speed :rolleyes: ) but is there room for the drive shaft??[/quote']

Im not sure, but i think it would be easier to make a 4x4 a vRS rather than the other way about :thumbup:

The vRS floor pan would also be no good so you'd have to alter it which would potentially make it weaker than starting with the 4x4 or you'd have to use a 4x4 shell which would in effect mean it is a 4x4 not a vRS.

4x4 has independant rear suspension to RS....rear floor pan is also higher to accommodate the rear diff(?).

I won't have thought it would be just a case of replacing parts...I guess the suspension mounting points would be completely different.

so what the main differance between a 4x4 floor pan and a vrs. a six speed quattro box has been done before. but surely the 4x4 axle would almost bolt on?

The custom designed tunnel for the propshaft i would think? :)

so what the main differance between a 4x4 floor pan and a vrs. a six speed quattro box has been done before. but surely the 4x4 axle would almost bolt on?

Not a chance, yes the gearbox will fit but there's no tunnel for the propshaft and there's no room for the rear diff, 4x4's have a smaller boot and twin fuel tanks due to this.

so what we really need to do then is too fit the 6 speed box' date=' run the shaft through were the ehaust goes, then remove the rear fule tank and also the spare tyre area and build a custom fuel tank!

easy :rofl:[/quote']

The spare wheel well is further back than the Diff would go so that will only work if you're planning on moving the wheels and wheel arches further back.

It's a pointless exercise, just buy a 4x4.

The spare wheel well is further back than the Diff would go so that will only work if you're planning on moving the wheels and wheel arches further back.

It's a pointless exercise' date=' just buy a 4x4.[/quote']

oh i know, could'nt afford it anyways.

i just mean that you would remove the tank and old diff. fit new diff in correct place then mount the fuel tank towards the back of the car.

oh i know' date=' could'nt afford it anyways.

i just mean that you would remove the tank and old diff. fit new diff in correct place then mount the fuel tank towards the back of the car.[/quote']

Old diff?

I wouldn't fancy being in a car with the fuel tank mounted there and getting a rear shunt.

sorry doesnt havea diff doh!

maybe a race spec tank of something?? im a little out of my depth lol.

is the fuel tank in the middle of the two rear wheels?

Tanks are under the back seats. The diff is between the wheels!