passenger side window stuck down wont work!

Hi guys my passenger side window just stoped working in the down position, when I press the switch the motor makes a noisE so it a getting power, but it sounds like loads of little bits of plastic are bouncing about,

Anyone tell me what the problem is and how to go about fixing it or at least getting the window up for the time being?

Cheers in advance

James

Window regulator has packed in.  There's usually a repair kit available on Ebay but in short term all you can really do it strip off the doorcard and panel and wedge something to keep the glass up until you can sort the broken regulator. :)

• Like 1

I agree, failed window regulator, it's basically wire going around a motor and to the glass. The wire has snapped but the motor is still turning which you can hear, pulling the wire around still.

You can buy repair kits but I'm going to say for "professional use only" it can be done but they are a pain, usually best to just replace the full regulator, about £60'ish for a Fabia.

You can remove the door card and chock the window up with wood or something to keep you going but isn't ideal really!

Window regulator has packed in.  There's usually a repair kit available on Ebay but in short term all you can really do it strip off the doorcard and panel and wedge something to keep the glass up until you can sort the broken regulator. :)

I agree, failed window regulator, it's basically wire going around a motor and to the glass. The wire has snapped but the motor is still turning which you can hear, pulling the wire around still.

You can buy repair kits but I'm going to say for "professional use only" it can be done but they are a pain, usually best to just replace the full regulator, about £60'ish for a Fabia.

You can remove the door card and chock the window up with wood or something to keep you going but isn't ideal really!

common problem. I have repaired the regulators a few times but for the price on the whole rail its deffo the way to go.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, is this the type of regulator i would need, found one on euro car parts, can could get tomorrow so would be far easier like you said then buying the repair kit. im an aircraft fitter so wouldn't be a issue fitting but you know how it goes, anything to save time and energy is better haha.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2004/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/body-shop/window-regulator-and-window-winders/?492780151&1&81d49af8211678a8512d8d78195b10691ca80342&000374

The ones I've got from euro, including one about 6 weeks ago, comes with the full door carrier, like with the hole cut out to attach the speaker to etc.

The one listed might also and just an example picture.

I've fitted them on a Vrs, elegance and sport.

I can't say what will fit, if euro say it doesn't then it might not. It's just what I've used on 3 of my 6 fabias :D

Thats weird then, i would of thought all of them would of been the same, ive got the comfort, im sure there isnt any difference between the elegance and sport  :nerd:​ 

Nope, elegance was preface lift and Vrs and sport facelift.

For the record, I checked your reg and it says it fits your vehicle but says out of stock. Yours is a 1.4 yeah?

That's weird it said it didn't fit before, closed one in stock for me is in bridewater, a go 30 miles so may just go with the original one, will it be difficult to fit it it's just the regulator?

Nope, elegance was preface lift and Vrs and sport facelift.

For the record, I checked your reg and it says it fits your vehicle but says out of stock. Yours is a 1.4 yeah?

That's weird it said it didn't fit before, closed one in stock for me is in bridewater, a go 30 miles so may just go with the original one, will it be difficult to fit it it's just the regulator?

I assume it will be the same process apart from drilling a rivit out that holds the regulator in place and possibly replacing the rivit with a nut and bolt maybe?

probably just get the one in Yeovil then that I linked, could probably replace the rivets with some pop rivets.

I fixed mine with two new wires (cycle gear cables) and a couple of screw on nipples - soldered on for good measure and smothered oil and grease on cables and runners it was a bit of a faff but heyho  but fix only cost me £5 all in