vRS mounted on VRS

AA's Vehicle Recovery System - very cool bit of kit!

b498e1b34c8d26859ee5c4f90237afee.jpg

Mrs called me this afternoon...

"The coil light was flashing! I stopped and read the manual and it said the glow plugs were warming up!? After I started the car again it had gone..."

"No dear, the DPF is probably clogged, drive it at over 2500rpm for the next 20-30 mins"

"I can't - I don't have that far to go"

"OK, well do it when you come home then"

A couple of hours later (on her way home)...

"The light is flashing again, and now the light that looks like an engine is on and I can't go over 50mph"

"Stop and call Skoda Assist"

If I was driving I would have just got it home in limp mode, but she was in a panic about it so better safe than sorry. So 3 hours later...

The car is parked up at the in-laws, VERY nice AA man (they all seem to be great guys and gals!), engine management light is still on, no coil light though as I pulled it onto the drive. Car is being transported to our local dealership tomorrow morning. AA guy reckoned the fault was related to air flow, and looking on here the symptoms primarily point to DPF clogged or boost sensor, so I'm guessing boost sensor marries up best with his diag tool.

Mrs is taking my car to work tomorrow (I walk to work anyway), but we should have a courtesy car or the vRS fixed and back at the in-laws by the time we are home (took it there as they are in all day to deal with pick-up/drop-offs etc).

Very impressed with Skoda Assist/AA and their dealings with us. They had a guy to her in 10 mins as he was passing en route home at the end of his shift, sadly he wasn't able to even attempt a fix due to warranty constraints but I guess they figured if it was a loose cable it was worth him dropping by, so had to wait an hour after that for the guy to tow it on his VRS.

Will let you know how we get on tomorrow! Wonder if the local dealer mention about having missed out on selling us the car over a few quid (we bought from the 3rd nearest dealer as they met my suggestion of a deal with no quibbles)...

When I searched it was only vRS TDI owners complaining of it, didn't see any 150bhp'ers. But if it's the same sensor under less stress I guess it's possible but less likely to go wrong...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me last night. At garage just now and it's the second one that has been in this week. Came in on Monday and left Thursday. Service said that it might be charge valve but would check it out.

Mine has this as well.  Booked in on Monday for diagnostics.  Hopefully it gets fixed in a day as they don't have a car available!

Mine is at the dealers as of 8.10am this morning! Very efficient!

I emailed the sales contact there that I was dealing with 1 year ago to give them a heads up on the diag - hopefully it will speed things up!

Same as mine. But its not a problem according to Skoda !

No known problems with boost pressure sensors . Really.....

yep, thats a load of BS.

I was going to put a new poll up but cant see the option in the new post anymore?

Never mind a Service Campaign will be along soon!

The Skoda CS Spy team will be visiting this thread on Briskoda soon, they won't like the photos being displayed.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 3

Not heard back on a definite diagnosis (tho the dealer has been in touch twice today to keep us updated which is good), but an A5 Sportback has arrived outside the house so who cares!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the vrs's affected from a similar build date or is it a general problem that will affect all cars at some time irelevant of the build date?

Are the vrs's affected from a similar build date or is it a general problem that will affect all cars at some time irelevant of the build date?

mine was one if the first delivered around here so I think it's all reaching