Fabia II combi parking sensor control unit location

I've got a fault with my parking sensors. The unit gives a continuous high pitched signal when reverse is selected but the display still works showing near objects. I'd like to check the control unit connections, and assume it's behind the nearside trim in the boot. Is this still correct on the Fabia II (I've only got details for the earlier model). If so, how does the panel come off as I can't see any obvious fixings.

I fitted my own and I fitted the control box in the nearside rear panel space.

You start by removing the spare wheel ( if you have one ) you can then see 3 fittings that secure the plastic panel across the tailgate slam panel. Remove this. This reveals fixings for the lower side panel. You also need to remove the upper rear trim above the side panel which I think just pulls off.

This reveals further fixings to the side panel. You may be able to access the control box by pulling the panel out carefully at this point, if not there are further fixings at to the front of the side panel acessed from the rear passenger seat!

Hope this makes some sense, working from memory here too.

Just to give you an idea what's involved.

There is a post on here somewhere with photos I think, that's where I got my inspiration from.

Edited by Wonky