PCP deals - Citigo SE 5dr

LRB2011

Anyone know what the monthly target price would likely be for 5dr SE in white with 5,000 miles pa and the 3 year servicing plan?

Realise the PCP deals have recently changed from 42 months to 36 months and white is now an option with servicing now a £99 add on too.

Cheers

I'm on 1k down, 128 a month, at 6000 miles.  That's for a 5dr se auto(£500 more), with pid(£300) and the cruise control/parking sensors package(£450), servicing included(£99) and as I've gone for non red I have to pay for paint!!(£150). This is from a local dealer to me. 

The extras don't add to the MGFV, but i'd like to bet they will add a little to the actual value in 3 years.

It may be worthwhile seeing how the figures stack up on an elegance spec as quite often as the elegance is a more `desirable` car come resale time, the monthly payments might not be that far adrift from the SE. Just to give you and idea, I bought an elegance last year ( 3dr ) £700.00 discount, deposit of £250.00 and pay around £170.00 per month for 3 years, 18000 miles per annum. I will be keeping the car at the end of the term,( I took the PCP deal as it was 0%) Incidently, the mileage you do doesn`t really matter unless you hand the car back, and even if you exceed your stated mileage it the cost is not great. Keep the deposit as low as possible, and then there should be a bit of spare cash left in the car come judgement day. As far as Iam aware, you can take a PCP from 18mths up to 42 months depending on how you want to play it!

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the replies.

Been in touch with a few dealers today and best I've been offered for 5dr SE in white with servicing and 5k miles pa is £100 deposit with 35x £112.

Seems to be a not bad deal so will probably go for it. What's your thoughts?

Thanks for all the replies.

Been in touch with a few dealers today and best I've been offered for 5dr SE in white with servicing and 5k miles pa is £100 deposit with 35x £112.

Seems to be a not bad deal so will probably go for it. What's your thoughts?

Just for comparison purposes, I'll give the figures for my deal on a Mii Sport 3dr:

£500 deposit and 35x £132. About £1100 more with the extra deposit and monthly payments over the 3 years and also 0% APR, 3yrs servicing. I was also £600 in negative equity on my Mii Toca I px'd and which the dealer covered by upping the value.

If I didn't have the px I reckon I could have reduced the £1100 above down to £600 difference.

The I only thing I'd say is that if you aren't going to buy the car I'd put the minimum deposit down.

The deals of 100 down and 100pm look good. I'd also get a quote format elegance too. It might not be much more!

But if you put say a 2k deposit down and you don't buy the car you will have to put another deposit of 2k down when you come to replace the car or face a big jump in payments. 

On cars like the citigo we will be lucky if there is any equity in the car at the end.  No equity = deposit lost.

But if you put say a 2k deposit down and you don't buy the car you will have to put another deposit of 2k down when you come to replace the car or face a big jump in payments. 

On cars like the citigo we will be lucky if there is any equity in the car at the end.  No equity = deposit lost.

But you pay the same total amount regardless! If you pay a higher deposit, then your monthly payments are lower! I'm paying a higher deposit as I would rather have lower monthly payments.

• Like 1

It still doesn't make any difference, especially if it's on a 0% PCP.

If the car is £9k and has a guaranteed final value of £4.5k, then you will hand over £4.5k during the term.

That might be £100 deposit and 36x £122 a month, or £2k and 36x £69 but you still pay exactly the same.

Indeed they are, every 1000 deposit knocks around 30 from the monthly payment.  

I think it's fair to mention the deposit as a lot of people don't realise that and don't have another couple of grand to put in after 3 years.

A mate works at BMW and sells nearly all his cars on lease deals of one type or another. A lot of people have to have a Beemer and the cheapest way is to.put 5k down and pay a few hundred quid a month.  What these people don't realise is that in 3 years if they want another Beemer they need to find another 5 grand,  which they don't have... 

It still doesn't make any difference, especially if it's on a 0% PCP.

If the car is £9k and has a guaranteed final value of £4.5k, then you will hand over £4.5k during the term.

That might be £100 deposit and 36x £122 a month, or £2k and 36x £69 but you still pay exactly the same.

See my previous post.  It's all about awareness.  If you put a deposit in you are going to need to put at least as big a deposit in if you are going to get another car via Pcp. To be fair I think dealers now explain this a lot better and ask people if they are prepared to throw in another large lump. 

Me,  i rather have that 2k sat in my savings account and pay the extra a month. Each to their own. 

See my previous post.  It's all about awareness.  If you put a deposit in you are going to need to put at least as big a deposit in if you are going to get another car via Pcp. To be fair I think dealers now explain this a lot better and ask people if they are prepared to throw in another large lump. 

Me,  i rather have that 2k sat in my savings account and pay the extra a month. Each to their own. 

You don't need another big deposit, you can always just up your monthly payments. I'm P/X'ing my current car, hence the larger deposit 

Yeah mate, got the 5dr SE with the servicing thrown in and 5k miles pa for the price mentioned. From some of the comments here and some of the deals I seen online would be lucky have got it any cheaper.

Yeah mate, got the 5dr SE with the servicing thrown in and 5k miles pa for the price mentioned. From some of the comments here and some of the deals I seen online would be lucky have got it any cheaper.

Taking my extra's off i'd say about 190 less than me, so :thumbup:   , although i'm on 6k a year, I've no idea how much this effects.