refuelling diesel octavia 3

Hi Guys

Not sure if this has been asked before. The octavia 3 is fitted with a misfuelling gaurd at the filler neck. Now ive had a few cars for sale etc run out of diesel and cannot open this gaurd as it needs the proper nozzle inserted etc. Has anyone a way around this? I know fords included a special size funnel in the tool kit in the boot etc.

There's a really cool feature on the dashboard.  A moving needle which points to how much fuel you have left.  There's also a computer which magically tells you how far you can travel on how much fuel is left.

The only thing you need to do is put fuel in before it reaches empty then your problem isn't a problem any more.

• Like 3

Its no good Sheldon, your talking to a second hand car salesman, their just like battered wives ?

15 years of a research project at Cambridge Universerty found the only common denominator between 131 battered wive syco symmetrically surveyed was that "none of them Fn listened"

Thanks for the useful help! SC03OTT now i had a look but they dont seem to have such an accesory. There doesnt seem to be a way around this

Edited by john999boy
Unhelpful part removed

I bought one of these for emergencies and carry a 5 litre can in the boot.  It's not likely that I'll need it but it's nice to know it's there just in case!

It's a Ford one but it fits the Octy perfectly well.

$_57.JPG

http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-country/en_au/media/fuel-news/long-term-storage-diesel.pdf

Just be sure to use it up from time to time to avoid it going bad and being a waste of money.

Its no good Sheldon, your talking to a second hand car salesman, their just like battered wives ?

H - H - H - Hattrick!

Oatmeal-There-Their-Theyre.png

tumblr_m5tk0pRLdd1r6b9d7.png

its.png

Edited by Diango
  • Like 4

I still like the idea that someone can run out of fuel!

I've got two twenty-liter army canisters but they carry their own nozzles I can use when it's time to refuel, they fit right in there without a hassle.

• Like 2