Windscreen Cracked!

Was driving along the do you carriageway following a rather annoying BMW driver who insisted on swerving into the central reservation flicking up all of the rubbish and rocks and stones which struck my windscreen causingwhat at first I thought was a scratch turned out to be a 1 foot crack at a further chip.

My insurance was telling me it would be a complete claim so hung up the phone. Contacted the stealers Who recommended a local windscreen repairer. They replace the windscreen for £167. However upon collection the guy admitted that his fitter made a mistake. He somehow managed to drop the windscreen through the car ripping the headlining. He stated the windscreen would be free or I could pay for the windscreen and he was replace The headlining. The headlining cost £230 from Skoda. I went back and had the headlining fitted however notice that the ticket holder on the windscreen had been melted and not fitted correctly.

I expressed my angriness for the situation and the windscreen company told me they would order a replacement part and I won't have to pay anything until I was happy with the job that been done. It's now been over one month since that I haven't paid for the windscreen I haven't had a phone call.

I'm not even sure what to do...post-126051-0-08964600-1426935470_thumb.jpg

That is a shockingly awful experience. You need to chase and harass them. No point waiting for a call that clearly isn't coming.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Is that the BMW you were following  :D

Jokes aside, that sounds like a right pain... I'd obviously give the guys a call to see how they're getting on, chase them up... Do you have any paper work for the stuff that has been carried out? I believe that you have to give them the opportunity to rectify any work and if this isn't done correctly you can then get a third party involved. Sorry to hear you're having a bad time :(

Since you haven't paid for anything AND they are at fault, I wouldn't bother calling them back.

You might as well consider that you got a replacement windscreen for the price of a ticket holder and a little more time lost due to having made two visits to the workshop. Not bad, I think... ;)

Since you haven't paid for anything AND they are at fault, I wouldn't bother calling them back.

You might as well consider that you got a replacement windscreen for the price of a ticket holder and a little more time lost due to having made two visits to the workshop. Not bad, I think... ;)

My EXACT thinking. & if they do ever call then fine but they'll only be admitting their shocking service to me. Plus I am happy to pay for the windscreen but no way I'm paying full price after this.