Spaceback 1.6 TDI 90PS Elegance - DSG

Not got the Dsg but have the 90ps engine. Seen a few negative reviews about being noisy and underpowered but i think its pretty nippy?

Well, i don't know a Spaceback with the 90PS, only one with the 105PS, i can't tell if it makes more noise, one our the other!

Hope it will be OK for my ears!!!

Edited by movel93

• 2 months later...

Well, Spaceback arrived last week, almost 3 months after order. Everything is OK for now.

Fuel economy is great so far, DSG is great also, i'm very pleased with it.

Happy driving!

Having test-driven the (non DSG) 90 PS version, I found it a bit underpowered torque-wise. So I bought the 105 PS version instead, which is just what the Rapid needs if you accelerate/decelerate often like I do.

As the only difference is the ECU mapping, you could do a remap to 105 PS safely after the warrany expires.

Happy driving!

Having test-driven the (non DSG) 90 PS version, I found it a bit underpowered torque-wise. So I bought the 105 PS version instead, which is just what the Rapid needs if you accelerate/decelerate often like I do.

As the only difference is the ECU mapping, you could do a remap to 105 PS safely after the warrany expires.

I think the DSG puts both very close. I have driven both, and don't notice any major diferencies betwen both. And another positive point, DSG gives a more relax drive, i think!

• Like 1

Are Skoda UK continuing with the 1.6 90DSG?  SEAT are dropping it (and the 122DSG) due to lack of demand.

edit - and adding a new bottom of the range spec 1.4 tdi 90 dsg.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like it. If you want a DSG it's only on the 1.4 models according to the Skoda U.K web site.

Yes, mine was one of the last ones with the 1.6 TDI DSG 90HP.

First miles spent driving the Spaceback, great car, great gearbox, much better than the DSG with 6 in the 1.9 TDI 105HP.

Economy, well for now i have 5,57 lts of diesel for each 100 kms.

Does anybody knows a good rubber mat with large length in the front for the spaceback? I have the originals but they are too small, don't protect the carpet of the feet of big people when they are with the legs relaxed!

Does anybody knows a good rubber mat with large length in the front for the spaceback? I have the originals but they are too small, don't protect the carpet of the feet of big people when they are with the legs relaxed!

Ask chrisgreen on here.  I think he has rubber mats - over fitted rubber mats  - over fitted carpet mats - over factory carpets - he's certainly the expert.

Edited by camelspyyder