Howard Abraham - Lurgan

DGW

Originally posted by RikvRS - 16-10-2003, 16:56

Gave me a good deal when I bought the car (ex-demo with <1500 miles on the clock)

Used them for 1 service and various minor issues. So far they have replaced driver seat, replaced CCU & fixed a squeaky rear seat all under warranty.

They are 30miles from my house but I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Originally posted by RikvRS - Fri Oct 29, 2004

This dealer contacted me to replace my coilpacks as a precautionary measure.

Passenger seat cover replaced.

All warranty work; still happy with the service. smile.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

`BEWARE !` Had to take my car to this dealership after it developed misfiring and engine management light on. Intially charged me nearly £140 to diagnose, and dry spark plugs! Told me fault may have occurred by "A Customer Cleaning Operation" Drove from dealer and had to return straight away fault not cured! New Coils then fitted after the dealer i`d bought from (Phillip Petersen) stepped in and paid bill. `Abraham`s` refused refund even though they hadn`t fixed it first time. Surely work should have been done under warranty? New car and not yet due it`s first service.Skoda UK say they were right to charge and still waiting for response from `Abraham`s`! Maybe Skoda should be thinking of a product recall if coils are already causing problems. Won`t be back to Abraham`s sticking with Petersen`s of Bangor.

• 5 weeks later...

I got my Fabia 3 1.9tdi from here 2 weeks ago, i found them very easy to deal with and I was able to deal with the guy who sold it to me.

Alastair Boyd, he has gave me a few cards and tells me that if you go to him and mention my name, he will give you a bit of discount and also me a wee thank you

So Please

Have the VRs nearly two yrs now been back to Abrahams twice for servicing and rear brake mod. Excellent service very friendly and helpfull. I can't fault them.

lol. you still here? :thumbup:

everyone has their own opinions on dealers. good & bad. :D

everyone has an off day... ;)

• 1 month later...

been trying for a month now to get in contact with a salesman about test driving a roomster. wont return or answer calls. Skoda UK will probably get a letter about it.

also laughed in my face 18 months ago when i said i wanted an octavia sdi in white. not very friendly now.

also have THE most useless parts guy ever, have had to deal with him through a job i had and made a point of not getting him on the phone. useless, so much useless there hasn't been a word invented to emphasise strongly enough the uselessness...

• 5 weeks later...

I bought my Octavia from them a while back, their salesman was very good, talked me through everything on the car and took me out for a drive as long as i liked. gave me a fair deal, and 1 year warranty.

However, i just recently had a problem with a noise from the rear so i left it up for repair. It was there for over a week and during that time every time i called the techs were 'unavailable' i also had a headlight bulb gone, so i left up a pair of uprated bulbs, only one of which they bothered to put in. they also failed to fix the noise problem properly or offer a solution. And to top it all off they gave the car back unwashed, guess where i wont be going come service time.

been trying for a month now to get in contact with a salesman about test driving a roomster.

chum you should speak to nic flinn at john mulholland, he set me up with an octy (was top to deal with) and i'm sure he'd love to sell you a roomster.

regards.

• 2 years later...

My only experience with them was to get a quotation for a new car. Got quoted a great price only to have it confirmed an hour later as being WAAAY out. Got my hopes up and shot them down. Didnt bother going near them after that. Went to Mulhollands instead.

• 1 year later...

Went to Abraham's for a quote on a new Superb. Took a test drive, talked through options in detail and also discussed finance options in detail too. In short gave every indication in a recession that I wanted to buy a new car.

Salesperson said he would work up figures on a range of options and get back to me

Never heard a thing since...went to Mervyn Stewart. Very good experience and bought a car.

Went to Abraham's for a quote on a new Superb. Took a test drive, talked through options in detail and also discussed finance options in detail too. In short gave every indication in a recession that I wanted to buy a new car.

Salesperson said he would work up figures on a range of options and get back to me

Never heard a thing since...went to Mervyn Stewart. Very good experience and bought a car.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought our Octavia nearly new from Howard Abraham about 2 years ago from a chap called Wilson. Was very helpful, no pressure, and everything went smoothly.

Have been pleased with after service too - clutch unexpectedly went a few weeks later, I had Skoda Assistance/RAC out and we dumped it on the forecourt that night. Had a call from them the next morning saying that it was covered under warranty, parts were ordered and courtesy car would be ready to pick up at lunchtime. Guy who seems to run service desk is friendly enough. First service also included a warranty suspension fix when I asked them to check a noise.

Can't say regarding the other sales guys, but everyone I've dealt with has been good so far.

• 11 months later...

When I bought my 2012 Fabia they offered to throw in it's 1-year service. Service book was stamped and service clock reset. All indications were that they had done their job, and I had no reason to think otherwise.

It was only when a year later I bought it to another dealer for it's 2-year service (Mervyn Stewart) that I was told the car had no service history! I called Howard Abraham back to check on this - spoke to Darryl from the service department who very honestly admitted that the car had in fact NOT been serviced - but his records did confirm re-setting of the service clock. Why on earth would someone stamp a service book and reset the service clock if they weren't intending to actually service the car? I've been driving around for a year and racking up the miles believing in good faith that my car had just had an oil change and was in tip top condition.

I still have the vehicle order agreement form (signed by both Freddie the salesman, and myself when I put down my deposit) where it is written in black and white that the car would be serviced at the dealership before I took delivery.  This is the last in a long line of issues I have had with HA's - I could go on, mainly related to what I consider deceitful sales tactics... On the day I went to pick up the car I was so annoyed, exhausted, and disappointed with my experience that if it wasn't for my £200 deposit, I wouldn't have bothered. Thought that when I drove the car off the forecourt, my unfortunate dealings with HA's and Freddie would be done and dusted. Apparently not.

Won't be back. Wouldn't recommend. 

• Like 1