Help required please.

Hi Stormchaser

Silly replies aside, I think we can say resoundingly from the main replies that the fuel gauge on everyone else's Rapid behaves as we would expect it to in normal temperatures - stable display with a very gradual and steady fall in level as fuel is consumed. Skoda UK's claims of your rejected car being 'normal' in regard to its irratic gauge display is both farcical and insulting.

However, this latest twist in your rejection case seems typical of Skoda UK's terrible treatment of customer complaints, its unwillingness to address issues, give straight answers in a timely manner and generally be truthful to customers it is in dispute with.

In my ongoing dispute with Skoda UK over the issues with water retention in the rear doors of my Spaceback (which has been going on for five months now), the incompetent liar dealing with my case finally agreed in mid February to authorise and pay for the removal of the door cards on both rear doors and an inspection (and remedial work if needed) of the inner doors and electrics that got wet when the doors overflowed in October. However, when my car went into to Willis Skoda in Ruislip (who were really helpful as usual), she backtracked and said she would only authorise a visual external inspection of the seal modification done by the halfwits at the dealership I bought the car from. 

Having then lied to me and Willis Skoda - she told Willis she would call me straight away to clarify what she was now prepared to authorise (she never bothered calling, leaving me and the dealership sitting on our hands for hours not knowing what was going on) and then emailed me weeks later claiming to have tried to call me on my mobile and home phone multiple times (again - never happened) I finally flipped and escalated my complaint to the UK MD of Skoda. His office has not been much help at all, more interested in covering for their lying colleague than dealing with the matter at hand.

After I demanded an apology from the girl who repeatedly lied about making and returning calls and about what was agreed, and who has dragged the case out for 5 months needlessly, they said they would go away and pull the tapes of her calls to prove me wrong. Suffice to say they've had to admit today they don't have recordings of the calls and so can't substantiate their staff member's claims of 1) calling me on multiple occasions and 2) only agreeing to pay for an external visual exception of the rear doors on my Spaceback. However, rather than admit that their staff member lied about calling me on multiple occasions (when she did not call me at all), let alone admitting she lied about what she agreed Skoda UK would pay for with regards to the work on my car, they are instead blaming a software glitch which is preventing their system from recording any calls to or from my mobile phone number. What utter nonsense. I really want to use a much stronger word, but mindful this is frowned upon by the mods.

In an effort to make me go away and drop the matter, they've offered to pay for my next service at the dealership of my choice, but won't admit fault, won't get the girl to apologise for her actions and won't fund any further remedial work on my rear doors until 1) they go rusty or 2) the door electrics fail.

Says it all really - Skoda UK - utter disgrace (in my opinion - other opinions may vary).

• Like 1

Thanks Chris for your input. Behind these cars is a utter shambles of incompetent staff that have no idea how to treat there customers. I'm surprised they have any at this rate. As for there financial side well they're just a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the totally useless answer.

Had to laugh at this bud. Do understand tho and chimpfingers reply

Thanks Chris for your input. Behind these cars is a utter shambles of incompetent staff that have no idea how to treat there customers. I'm surprised they have any at this rate. As for there financial side well they're just a joke.

Everyone's opinion on here of Skoda's customer service seems to be of the same which in my opinion is of the lowest gravity !

• Like 2

@Stormchaser,

The radio post is not useless. Can be a matter of interference somewhere, since instruments signal is usually weak.

Not an expert, but usually DC can be affected easily by an AC driven/generating unit. Or by the alternator? However, this should be known by Skoda electrical experts, I'm just fishing and guessing here.

Another possibility can be the fuses block. Did you checked or use a replacement for the fuse involved in fuel gauge reading?

@chrisgreen

The lady (probably love partner of one of the managers, may happen) was acting stupid. Did you ever think to try fixing the water-in-doors problems yourself?

Have to recognize that I don't have this issue (car was picked up from the dealer last August).

• Like 1

It does seem daft that it continues after all the obvious things have been replaced. Every check comes back normal but the needle persists in rising and falling and Skoda think its normal. What a joke they are. They don't even know themselves.

• Like 1

Have you thought it could be us who have an outstanding 'product enhancement' which needs addressing. This will bring our fuel gauges in line with Stormchaser? I will be contacting my local dealer in the morning for this 'normal' and 'characteristic' behaviour for my fuel gauge, since there is only gradual movement in an anti-clockwise direction (it is a diesel!). :D