within an inch of its life.... because its the best car I've owned, what it means to me :)

As a mk2 Tdi owner all I can say is Id love one but saying that Id also love if they brought back the vRS Tdi in a mk3

Just make your own Mk2 vRS TDi........simples :)

• Like 2

I think the main reason yours hasn't had any issues Dave, is it's been driven properly from day 1.

Czech drag race from a better angle, before we got booted off by the Police. :)

• Like 2

I love mine.

Had it out during the night for a 160 mile run on wonderful empty roads with potholes already repaired,

& in temperatures between -1*oC - -3*oC and it was at its very best, running 102 ron fuel & all new consumables.

Looking forward to taking it again tonight, but it might be snowy so on a different route required.

• Like 1

Although I've moved on, I still do look at old pictures, watch old videos and reminisce over fond memories of mine.

Gosh I do miss it and it's faults. Cracking car.

I miss my MK2 VRS more than I have ever missed my MK1 VRS.

Cracking post Dave, we needed something like this on here after numerous negative threads!

• Like 2

would have another one in a heart beat. Such a great package!

Who won that drag race above? Looked pretty close!

Gotta love 'lil CAVE vRS smoking both cars from the line ! Hell Yeah!!

AND, as you know Dave CTHE is a more powerful powerplant ;)

ahh well my CAVE there was running a TMC box and 199 bhp on 99 fuel, in that race it had 102RON in it too ;)

I smoked the two more powerful cars to about 90 mph, then Jason just stormed past like I was stood still , then at 127mph, the more areodynamic mark I octy vRS came past me...

so in the end I lost! pmsl! :envy:

• Like 3

and to show the versitility too, today I have done 205 miles of driving instruction, without any issues, mostly town, slow stuff, manouvers ect , and still managed 38 mpg :)

38mpg? You need to tell your pupils they aren't trying hard enough ;-)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread, but I just came back to these forums after a long break. My love for this car has just been rekindled now that roads are mostly snow and ice free again, and I'm itching to get summer wheels back on and giving it a good thrashing on some back roads. These videos were great. Man, now I want to get to modding..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sharkrider said:

how odd, haven't been on the mk2 forums for ages, and one of my old threads pops up! lol.... Good on ya Lars, would have bought my mk2 estate back last year if I could have found it, bought an alfa instead! :o

29389453_10204653784220515_6149393935140

I saw it for sale at a garage in hebden bridge last year

• Like 1