What holds the window to the regulator?

Can anyone help? I've replaced my window and regulator (window smashed and broke reg too), now the window sits in the white plastic 'holders' on the reg, but just falls out if I try to move it up or down, as there's nothing holding it on.

Any help greatly appreciated as I've got to drive through France next week, and the tolls will be a big pain if I can't lower the passenger window!

I should think some double sided foam tape, 3M scotch brand type, should do the trick.

Other than that, some suitable weather resistant silicone.

Would prefer the first option though, depends how desperate you are and if you have some foam tape to hand.

I'm not sure if that would be possible. The reg is on a panel attached to the door. There's no access to use adhesive. There's a hole in the window and a hole in the clip that line up, but I can't work out what goes in the whole or how it works? I've seen bolts mentioned a couple of times, but no further details! Skoda parts don't seem to know the answer either, and I can't see any clues in pictures or diagrams?

How do people reattach a window to the mechanism? I'm absolutely stumped?

Edited by veevee

with the door card of there should be some plastic or rubber caps

puddleg_zpsc8578649.jpg

remove them and you should see the runner

raise or lower the window so the lower part of the regulator is in line then there should be a bolt or pin

(i haven't done on an octavia) but on several other vag cars it is like what i have explained

As Eddie NL said. Lower the regulator to the holes. There should be a double pin. White nylon type. One large and one small. The larger one goes through the plastic holder and through the glass and the smaller one is pressed into the larger one spreading it out to hold the larger one in place.

Kind of the same setup as the link below.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5295044-MK4-Golf-Rear-Window-Repair-DIY

Thanks guys,

I thought it should be something like that, but I can't find any details anywhere, and my usually helpful parts guy at Skoda couldn't help either. Anyone have an idea of parts number(s), or even just what they're called, so I can attempt to find replacements?

Cheers!

I should think some double sided foam tape, 3M scotch brand type, should do the trick.

Other than that, some suitable weather resistant silicone.

Would prefer the first option though, depends how desperate you are and if you have some foam tape to hand.

Sorry bud, I was obviously way off with this useless piece of advice. Lol.