why my car was juddering

ok so i needed a new tyre on me wee vrs today as it was really bald so i got them to update the software on both DSG and ecu and they then ran for error codes and turns out me MAF sensor on the inlet manifold was registering as faulty so it looks like that could be the culprit 

Sorry confused.

Your car just had a replacement engine and must have had a ECU Update when the engine was fitted,

and the DSG should have had the Service Campaign.

Your car should have the latest Breather Pipe / Valve & the engine the 'Squirters'.

So did they actually now Update again, or just Scan?

There is commonly an Intake issue and maybe they need to fit a new one or just the new sensor.

Did they fit a new Sensor or Order one, or just check the connection.?

Sorry confused.

Your car just had a replacement engine and must have had a ECU Update when the engine was fitted,

and the DSG should have had the Service Campaign.

Your car should have the latest Breather Pipe / Valve & the engine the 'Squirters'.

So did they actually now Update again, or just Scan?

There is commonly an Intake issue and maybe they need to fit a new one or just the new sensor.

Did they fit a new Sensor or Order one, or just check the connection.?

was speaking to the master tech at RRG the only difference in the cave and CTHE engine is the pistons, piston rings and oil squirters and thats coming from the horses mouth, the software must not of been updated as he's said he had put some new software on and check for trouble codes logged on the ECU the trouble code for my car was the intake manifold pressure or something like that either way the tech thinks its the sensor as all the old sensors off the old engine were used and filters and plugs were the only things new either way since the new software the car is running terrible as they had to order the sensor in , car judders on idle now, drops revs the picks them back up, and won't give full power when throttle is put to floor so can't wait till the sensor comes in next week then they can  check the oil level then I'm all good :) 

Maybe he is a very good Master Tech, but he needs to go check things out if he did the engine swap.

Maybe check out the Difference with the Head, and the Breathers & the Intake, and how this requires the Software Update.

But then he knows his job,

just like the other Master Techs that do it all the time.

You might wonder why so often after the Engine has been changed they do not run right until they get the ECU right.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will get it all sorted this week.

So many sensors and connections when they change the engine, and not doing the ECU after the change is an issue.

Here is some reading on the early Twincharger (Dual Charger) this was when they first came out & were 125kw & Manual Gearboxes.

http://volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_359.pdf

Among other things, see page 61

Seal between intake manifold and intake manifold flange.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Thomas a favour please.

Maybe ask the Workshop Manager or Master Technician how many Twincharger Engines RRG have had to replace in the past 4 years.

&

Ask the Technician that Replaced yours how many he has personally had to fit.

cheers.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I never got an engine change!

You are entrusting someone at a dealership to do pretty major surgery on an engine that is pretty complicated!

You will get it sorted i'm sure, good luck!

Sounds to me like you have a CAVE/CTHE hybrid!

• Like 1

& on a car that has maybe covered a fair few miles so other components can have quite a bit of wear and tear,

& a DSG Gearbox which can allready also require attention and even replacement.

So a Cat that has been getting oil contaminated often just used again and not replaced.

All the other old parts just replaced on the 'Replacement Base Engine',  Old Engine Mounts, Driveshafts, Bearings etc 

on an Engine that like thomasaspin said feels so much more powerful. 

(for a while usually, then the other old parts say 'Enough', please stop,  'Engine Light, EPC', Limp Mode.)

VW / Skoda / Seat / Audi should have carried out a Service Campaign right back in 2011-12 and had all the Twinchargers in 

for Spark Plug, Breather pipe / Valve Mod and ECU Updates, and then revised the Service Schedule.

Probably also taken cars off the Market as they ended up back at Dealers.

Some of the 1,800 vRS now have had the 2nd Replacement Engine fitted and are still out and about in the Car Trade or on the road.

Just ridiculous really.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Obviously there are many many good 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kw CAVE / CAVG / CAD / CTHE Twinchargers being driven.

Not using Oil, or burning Spark Plug tips, going well and having no issues.

Volkswagen might be able to explain how that is,

and what they got so wrong with only some engines, Manufacturing, Components, Quality Control & Engine Management.

Edited by goneoffSKi