tips for removing a pillar trim to fit dab aerial

Just ordered a 510 dab and will be fitting in the next week or so but have a question about aerial cable routing

I'm using a screen aerial but not sure without breaking things about removing the a pillar trim to rim the lead behind it

Any tips about cable routing and trim removal

First up, buy some of these

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151497630368?nav=SEARCH

Stick the aerial on the N/S.

Prise A Pillar trim from the top edge nearest the roof and work down towards the dash. :thumbup:

Metal spring clips hold it onto the pillar itself. Fitting back is a bit more fiddly and patience can be tested!!

Fitting mine Tuesday next week if you want to pop down the M1?

Will that give me enough clearance at the bottom end to get the plug through to behind the dash

Would love to come down tueseday but the unit probably won't be here until Wednesday

The pillar trim is held on by three clips and you might find you need to use quite a bit of force to release them - I just did it with my hands. As above start at the top and work down, the middle clip is different from the other two and is prone to moving about/falling off during re-fitting until it has been secured, so it can be a pain to get all three clips lined up when refitting the trim.

Well good news managed to get the dab aerial fitted with getting the trim off

I will probably roll with the screen aerial if we decide we are buying the car at the end of the lease (doubtful but you never know) I'll think about a roof aerial

Very pleased with it only snag I hit was feeding it behind the dash to the radio appetite (even with the upper glove box removed)

1 job down many more to go this weekend

Thank you everyone

I run aerial cables underneath the glovebox (remove the soundproofing and there's plenty of places to attatch a cable to), or behind the carpet in the footwell, so no need to remove glove box.

I run aerial cables underneath the glovebox (remove the soundproofing and there's plenty of places to attatch a cable to), or behind the carpet in the footwell, so no need to remove glove box.

Now you tell me (lol)