Leaders Debate

gadgetman

Many will say frack on get the oil out from under the land in the south and while it is still the UK it is share and share alike. Odd how oil price down is made out to be a problem to Scots and the south have these easy to access reserves. Which are actually well know of and the licences are already sold. Oil or gas retrieved from Fracking is never going to be financially saving the public from paying any more than they will be made to. Wasting it is just using reserves up in this century and forgetting future generations. A bit like nuclear energy. The cost now and in the future is clearing up the last plants now being close. And the other waste, tridentreactors as an example. Lots if work on defence rather than actual jobs on infrastructure. Drainage, drinking water and green energy with low emissions.

Oil is quickly diminishing as a valuable product with cars that are much more economical ie 100 mpg plus, and what appears to be on the cusp of houses increasingly using less and less grid electricity and only using it to top off from French Nuclear base load stations (and more English ones ie EDF 3 GW stations at Hinckley C and Sizewell C etc)  where they will stored power in house sited accumulators, lithium-ion or other, so electrical power will become a less valuable commodity too.

I am keen to hear how Scotland is going to make itself heard, noticed and eventually independent if it does not organise a new referendum on its own as Westminster looks unlikely to move on it??

Cons cabinet looks pretty similar to the pre-election one bar the gone Dems with now a full Tory portfolio.  Full steam ahead and never mind the minor parties!!   

Oil is quickly diminishing as a valuable product with cars that are much more economical ie 100 mpg plus, and what appears to be on the cusp of houses increasingly using less and less grid electricity and only using it to top off from French Nuclear base load stations (and more English ones ie EDF 3 GW stations at Hinckley C and Sizewell C etc)  where they will stored power in house sited accumulators, lithium-ion or other, so electrical power will become a less valuable commodity too.

I am keen to hear how Scotland is going to make itself heard, noticed and eventually independent if it does not organise a new referendum on its own as Westminster looks unlikely to move on it??

Cons cabinet looks pretty similar to the pre-election one bar the gone Dems with now a full Tory portfolio.  Full steam ahead and never mind the minor parties!!   

IIRC no new build homes from 2016 will be built with a gas fired boiler. Instead they'll use an electricity powered heat pump for hot water and heating.

There's a lot of houses already with these and a new build estate in Winchester is being built with no traditional boilers at all.

There's also geo-thermal; The Dell housing development in Southampton had this from new in 2002. I believe the West Quay shopping centre and many offices and some other homes use geo-thermal also.

The trad gas boiler is on the way out.

IIRC no new build homes from 2016 will be built with a gas fired boiler. Instead they'll use an electricity powered heat pump for hot water and heating.

There's a lot of houses already with these and a new build estate in Winchester is being built with no traditional boilers at all.

There's also geo-thermal; The Dell housing development in Southampton had this from new in 2002. I believe the West Quay shopping centre and many offices and some other homes use geo-thermal also.

The trad gas boiler is on the way out.

Interesting to see what they are doing at  Machynlleth in Cymru as such thing as buildings and internal objects ie having thermal mass, like my big fish tank, which absorbs heat energy during the day and releases at night.  

Did not  think the heat pump was that efficient yet, clearly have to have a look at that.   Studied the Rankine (another brilliant Scot) cycle in both degrees.  Genius.     

Interesting to see what they are doing at Machynlleth in Cymru as such thing as buildings and internal objects ie having thermal mass, like my big fish tank, which absorbs heat energy during the day and releases at night.

Did not think the heat pump was that efficient yet, clearly have to have a look at that. Studied the Rankine (another brilliant Scot) cycle in both degrees. Genius.

Heat pumps can be very efficient when sized and designed properly. Air source is never going to be great as when you need maximum performance it will be rather cold outside. But they are relatively cheap as it is just the heat pump plus an inlet and outlet.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Heat pumps can be very efficient when sized and designed properly. Air source is never going to be great as when you need maximum performance it will be rather cold outside. But they are relatively cheap as it is just the heat pump plus an inlet and outlet.

Sister's place has one,built about five years ago and TBH it copes quite well. Never cold in there but I don't know if there is some kind of auxilliary heating system. She definitely doesn't have a boiler though.

They might be worthy of a topic on their own seeing as so few know about them. Crack on :D

Sister's place has one,built about five years ago and TBH it copes quite well. Never cold in there but I don't know if there is some kind of auxilliary heating system. She definitely doesn't have a boiler though.

They might be worthy of a topic on their own seeing as so few know about them. Crack on :D

An air source heat pump is cost comparable to a gas boiler. Ground source is significantly more expensive.

Heat pumps were going to be installed in the Houses of Parliament until it was realised that there is enough hot air generated naturally.

• Like 2

There you have it folks,

UKiP vote was simply to dilute the Labour vote and ensure the Liberals wouldn't be in another co for 4 years or more,

Labour was unvoteable, not only because of who was at the helm but an infestation of fools,

Liberal, I'd say job done on Clegg, can't stand the Liberals anyway but Clegg will go down as another epic failure guy when in fact he is probably the decent guy out of the whole lot,

SNP, well we all knows what happens when you let a woman be in charge don't we,

Anyway, well done to all those who turned out with their blue pens, you just made sure austerity will go on until 2030 or thereabouts, if you want proof look back in time, 1979 Thatcher, 2007 before any sort of play time arrived, 18 years of it and the mess she had to sort out was pocket money compared to todays mess,

Saddest thing is that Labour chose a team of idiots who didn't have a clue, if it was an incoming Labour party with a team of people who know the way out of debt is tax generation by way of sales and less benefit liabilities things would be looking up, instead the bone shavers have the power and they will sort it out eventually but for me I don't have time on my side this time to wait around for it,

Enjoy.

Edited by TeflonTom