Citigo rear suspension creak

Ollie 2013

• 1 month later...

I have just changed a 2012 75 Elegance Greentech under the approved used 30 day exchange scheme as a result of this issue. My local dealer had the car in for a couple of days,endoscopes etc and I was informed that it is a characteristic of the vehicle but it was frankly not acceptable.

My new 14 plate Black Edition vehicle is entirely free from this fault thankfully.

I have this noise too. It started at about 5k and now we are on 21k. It was serviced at 11k and is again due. I will ask them to check when I take it in to the dealer. I thought it may be an exhaust bush so never worried about it. The various little noises this car makes are all part of its charm. As long as it stays in warranty, I can live with the clicky clutch and tappy suspension. My most annoying noise is the passenger seatbelt banging against the b post trim. 

• 1 year later...

Hi . really need some help with this issue . Exactly the same issue creaking from rear nearside shock. worse when a passenger is on board and it has slowly got worse over the last year. It has been in the dealership twice and they say there is nothing wrong. utter rubbish as usual from skoda. can anyone advise me should i try shocks first or the rubber bushes at the top of the shock? any advice would be great. Many thanks

15 hours ago, Gavlar1980 said:

Hi . really need some help with this issue . Exactly the same issue creaking from rear nearside shock. worse when a passenger is on board and it has slowly got worse over the last year. It has been in the dealership twice and they say there is nothing wrong. utter rubbish as usual from skoda. can anyone advise me should i try shocks first or the rubber bushes at the top of the shock? any advice would be great. Many thanks

I’d take it to another garage for a second opinion, independent garages will usually have the time to check things over quickly & efficiently 

And then give the indpendent inspection bill to Skoda for not doing their job properly after they've fixed it under warranty.

Edited by RickW

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the same issue, creaking/rattling like noise from the left rear wheel area nearly every time I hit even the smallest bump. I'm a bit hesitant to put it in to my local Skoda dealer (Allams, Epsom) after they dismissed the clicking clutch pedal I have as a NFF (shown below)

Best to at least raise the issue, have it logged on the system, otherwise they and other Dealership staff say, 'never heard of that before', while others say, 

'They all do that it is a characteristic.'

Get it logged, give them a chance to resolve the issue, warranty covers faults, and if no fault so no issue, there should be 'no charge' as nothing needed doing....

• 2 weeks later...

My 2014 citigo has been back at Lookers Skoda Newcaste 4 times for the knocking noise. They replaced the shock absorbers, greased the suspension and finally replaced the suspension bushes which solved the problem. 6 months to get it sorted but finally knocking noise now gone.