HELP turbo problems

Hi guys I've recently bought a 2001 Octavia 1.9 tdi ambience I think my turbo is on its way out when I start the engine it sounds like a tractor for a few seconds the turbo whistles Abit. When it wants to it pulls like a train but a lot of the time when it gets to around 3,000 rpm it cuts out the only way to get the turbo to work again is to restart the engine . I have also noticed that the previous owner must of took the engine management light out because it doesn't light up on ignition ive read a few posts on here with similar issues and wondered if anyone could give me some advice a few people have said it could be the air flow sensor .. Forgot to mention I can hear a relay clicking at about 3,000 rpm aswell

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sounds like sticking veins in the turbo, it's common on the diesels. I would get it plugged in to check the fault codes first. As for the EML it doesn't have a one it uses the glow plug light as the EML. Hope that helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sound of a relay clicking at around 2500-3000 rpm is normal soon after starting. It is the glow plugs supply relay. As you accelerate the relay cuts out but comes in again if you have to stop at lights etc. Only does it for a few minutes while the engine is cold.

Engine Management Light (EML). If you search on here for Mr Muscle it's all explained on how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive managed to get some from sainsburys.. im finding it difficult to get to the turbo though to be honest ive taken air feed piped off on top of engine and had car on ramps and still cant really get to it from underneath any suggestions .. do i spray it directly intio turbo or via an existing pipe ?