can someone identify my headunit please?

hi peeps,

i've recently upgraded to a 2014 Octavia III vrs and wish to fit my sub to the car. 

The head unit does so much stuff that i don't really want to change it, so i'm going to use a low level tap from the rear speakers as per this tutorial

i've discovered that a canton upgrade was available for my car, which added a sub to either the stock system or an upgraded head unit. Problem is i can't identify the model to check the wiring diagram to see if it has the capability for low level outputs.

Does anyone know what this unit is called?

octavia-technology-parking-03.jpg

[linked it from another post here]

does anyone have any experience of attaching a sub to the stock HU?

any help appreciated!

Chris

They dont have any RCA line outs but you can take a line level feed from the four amp outputs. Most amps/powered subs can deal with that kind of input and allow you to cut out the high range frquencies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Might wanna check this thread out - not cheap but good apparently....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/348230-major-sound-system-upgrade/?hl=%2Bsub#entry4180672

thanks, i'd already looked into that but decided it's too much effort/investment. the standard setup is good enough so i'll just install my sub by splitting the rear channels with a low level converter.

You can use the aftermarket Sub intended for Golf VII. It is made by German manufacturer Helix, and should give a major lift in sound quality.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-VW-Golf-VII-Plug-Play-Soundsystem-300W-Sinus-GTI-Tuning-/181571414235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2a467fe8db

Not much use if you have puncture though :D

Id recommend the Audiotech Fischer Match Plug and Play system. Its effectively the same as the dealer fit option available for the Mk7 Golf.

Quite neat....you get a 5 channel amp with built in DSP (which you configure via USB and a laptop) and it effectively via a wiring harness takes a line level feed from the existing 4 channel amp output from the HU and provides a better output to the factory speakers.

The amp also has a dedicated sub output that feeds a low frequency output for a sub. They have an option of a spare wheel mounted unit....all you have to do is run the wire from the amp to the unit.

Done with care (or professionally) v OEM+ and can be removed completely down the line as if it were never there.

Its neither cheap nor particularly expensive but id wager it'd give the canton quite a run for its money.

I had this installed by the dealer and he said it sounded better than the canton. I'm very happy with it. Sub fits nicely in left side boot compartment and gives very good bass.