Terkins 320d

TERKIN

been after another wagon from the moment i got rid of my last,so much room!

so got my self another bimmer,was within walking distance looked pretty cool and diesel so made sense,first impressions are good. super smooth and comfortable.

is unlike any diesel ive ever had is almost like a petrol to drive,alot more refined than the pd lump dont realise what a tractor it is till you get something like this :D

came with a few mods

M Sport bumpers
M sport skirts
M sport mirrors 
Black kidney grills
Hid's
Coilovers 

BMW Style 32 alloys .

not got many pics yet

kf5n35.jpg

wsahx.jpg

working on photo skills :D

1yv67r.jpg

plans

REMAP!! needs it big time.

may get a decat at a later date

needs a tip has the ugly downswept pipe

leather interior not sure on colour yet

Guest BigJase88

Nice!

Common rail diesel you see. No pd shove!

Definately needs a map is it 150bhp? Mine has same engine but in 163bhp guise and its painfully slow as standard

150bhp indeed. A friend has a 320cd with the 150bhp engine, I don't think it's too bad really. I test drove a mapped one to '185bhp' with him too, and that was good fun, massive difference to the stock map.

Looks nice though. E38 style 32s too, always a winner! What size tyres is it running?

• Like 1

done about 500miles now still loving it but it has a few issues :yawn:

doesnt warm up to well if at all! very slight lumpy idle when first started and it smokes a treat :D going to dive into to it this weekend as i have a few days off. still doing close to 50mpg though!

few more pics

2mrrxiu.jpg

2ylmc8j.jpg

c7u45.jpg

dwqgci.jpg

96duug.jpg

found a beast in the garage!

5n0oe0.jpg

it started :P

24c79c5.jpg

Nice!

Common rail diesel you see. No pd shove!

Definately needs a map is it 150bhp? Mine has same engine but in 163bhp guise and its painfully slow as standard

cheers man,

yea is a real difference!

been following yours im thinking bluefin maybe,got a few issues to sort first :D

150bhp indeed. A friend has a 320cd with the 150bhp engine, I don't think it's too bad really. I test drove a mapped one to '185bhp' with him too, and that was good fun, massive difference to the stock map.

Looks nice though. E38 style 32s too, always a winner! What size tyres is it running?

its ok as it is but im used to alot more so map is needed!

ah is that what they came off :D think theyve been reburbed not a mark on them nice and sparkly :D 225/35/18

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

cheers man,

yea is a real difference!

been following yours im thinking bluefin maybe,got a few issues to sort first :D

I was going to go bluefin but just went cheapo option of 2nd hand tuning box. Has given me the little extra i wanted. Obviously a remap is far superior but it will do for now :)

If it's not warming up, it's most likely the stat(s). There's one for the radiator, and on some (yours should be late enough) another on the EGR system - at the front of the engine block. :)

I doubt they're hard to replace on the 320d - there's loads of space on them at the front of the engine.

Guest BigJase88

If it's not warming up, it's most likely the stat(s). There's one for the radiator, and on some (yours should be late enough) another on the EGR system - at the front of the engine block. :)

I doubt they're hard to replace on the 320d - there's loads of space on them at the front of the engine.

Yes there will be 2

A main stat and egr stat

Easy enough to change

Make sure you buy a genuine main stat from bmw as pattern ones are hit and miss, my pattern main stat from ecp lasted a month before crapping itself.

Ecp sell behr genuine egr stats (bmw logo ground off) but for the main one go genuine bmw

You'll need about 2l of bmw coolant too (i got this from bmw too)

• 3 months later...

well been a busy few months with it,alot of hassle money and boredom means its going to be forsale :D had 2 blowouts since ive owned it

it smoked really bad when cold if you sat idling smoke would surround the car in no time! manifold and egr off soon became clear!

ayoz2c.jpg

14wr24o.jpg

10qm6uv.jpg

all cleaned out and egr delete fitted

1086x37.jpg

smoking improved alot but still a tiny bit remained and it didnt smell right :D bit of internet work and i discovered the vortex filter,changed that runs and smells awesome now.

also decided to delete the remaining egr bits

abbkg.jpg

2lk5ret.jpg

27zdd3q.jpg

oktx6t.jpg

brakes then started making a din. replaced all corners with new

5tz8eu.jpg

bfie0i.jpg

jacking proved intresting

2e6hvgo.jpg

few snaps

317fh9y.jpg

34rjfhh.jpg

b7ber5.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've still got this,tried to sell it for a couple of months after the last update but it only attracted moronic buffoons :dull:

its sat on the drive for roughly 4months playing the roll of external storage,i decided to give it a start and move last week fully expecting a dead battery but it started almost first time!

so gave it quick run and it went really well didn't realise how much id missed a modified car :clap: 2 points to note on the drive though the new stat has killed its self and it seems the exhaust is leaking,guessing around the front as the fumes inside the car are a tad strong  :p

so gave it a bath and replaced the back shoes as its never had a working handbrake,i also raised it till i can roll the arches already had 2 blow outs.

its now the daily again as my astra died right around the same time and its got me thinking of new cars again :D

only pic i got of the 4month sit 2ir3m7b.jpg

new shoes

2u6db88.jpg

cleaned and raised

2ujs86v.jpg

112dc7o.jpg

off drive pics!

2j2zrio.jpg

30c1vo6.jpg

Edited by TERKIN
  • Like 1

Passenger airbags. Same problem that hit a load of Japanese firms too.

It always amazes me how awesome the style 32 is! It looks so at home of these, and older stuff like the E30 too. A wonderful wheel :)

have considered a colour change,they look good but something just seems to be missing. plus i decided rubbing the back wheel across a kerb would improve its look :sweat:

my plan is to keep this as a nice daily and buy another toy,i cant seem to shake the urge for a 4th e36 328 :D

• 2 weeks later...

tried another stat change today alot quicker without all the egr crap still in place. made a slight improvement but still wouldn't get above 70 and hovered around 65....

went as low as 57 cruising at about 60mph :sweat: 

i then noticed these flaps/vents at the front that are always open.... quick google search to discovered they are busted,so for now ive wedged them shut,will have to test 2moro as im out of diesel and couldn't be bother to get any :p

ft5xs.jpg

2urqwdg.jpg

also managed to crash.......ripped the arch liner out and scuffed the bumper nicely :sun: its actually worse in person. need to spray that bottom edge anyway will have to move it up on the priorities list looks a bit doggy just now.

6r3re8.jpg

little wheel colour test

nz21x1.jpg

5kkcar.jpg

e7jvk2.jpg

v8czlc.jpg

yea my test wheel :D

Hehe if i did that i'd get loads of comments from co-workers going "why the hell you do that?"

Put the idea into my head of different colours for back and front though, it looks quite nice the blue to the silver.

Good luck, it looks very nice

Hehe if i did that i'd get loads of comments from co-workers going "why the hell you do that?"

Put the idea into my head of different colours for back and front though, it looks quite nice the blue to the silver.

Good luck, it looks very nice

im expecting some silly comments :D im taking these wheels off at the weekend so wont be looking like that for to long..

haha see what your saying,i will spray all 4 when i decide on colour this colour is ford sea grey

cheers :thumbup:

Its very dependant on driving really, long distance about 45mpg but around town about 33 mpg, Its all about the smiles per gallon (Joking aside it isn't that bad for a big 3.0 diesel auto) and it does make you smile every time you drive it.

The E60's are better on fuel but just don't look as good as the E39 

• Like 1