Terkins 320d

TERKIN

Its very dependant on driving really, long distance about 45mpg but around town about 33 mpg, Its all about the smiles per gallon (Joking aside it isn't that bad for a big 3.0 diesel auto) and it does make you smile every time you drive it.

The E60's are better on fuel but just don't look as good as the E39 

not to sad then 33 is a bit dodgy :D i work in dartford so alot of my time is spent  standing still at the crossing so i could see 6cyclinders drinking a bit in stop/start traffic.

tbf i plan to map and decat this so will move it up to the 530ds league

yea big fan of the e39 id love an m5 :wub:

not to sad then 33 is a bit dodgy :D i work in dartford so alot of my time is spent  standing still at the crossing so i could see 6cyclinders drinking a bit in stop/start traffic.

tbf i plan to map and decat this so will move it up to the 530ds league

yea big fan of the e39 id love an m5 :wub:

That is fair enough, and the 4 cylinder diesels are good, plus the e46 tourings look good as well, liking the style 32's on yours I think?

I keep looking at pie in the sky stuff at the moment, E60 Turbo and Manifold along with 535d Injectors, new gearbox...

Very much would love a E39 M5 or the E46 M3 both awesome cars, although fuel is a bit more expensive on them!

mega fail the cool running was my fault,suddenly dawned on me to today when i was staring at the engine. post 11 pics 5/6

nice and warm now and pulling some serious mpg :angel:

15hh6s5.jpg

fitted some little parts,new gear knob and some hekos also sitting on its temp wheels

qx16o3.jpg

15p69lh.jpg

347709x.jpg

That is fair enough, and the 4 cylinder diesels are good, plus the e46 tourings look good as well, liking the style 32's on yours I think?

I keep looking at pie in the sky stuff at the moment, E60 Turbo and Manifold along with 535d Injectors, new gearbox...

Very much would love a E39 M5 or the E46 M3 both awesome cars, although fuel is a bit more expensive on them!

touring is my favorite shape e46,i like them nice and wide just fancy a new colour..

i try not to do that any more only leads to depression :D

yea would have to be toy no daily's :D

interior trims were abit worn and tatty so upgrades were needed,totally different place to sit now... need a new center console aswell one of the previous owners definitely had claws

2whjcp4.jpg

2dugls3.jpg

33lcdie.jpg

1id00i.jpg

28qug4g.jpg

some new shiny

1zfocpv.jpg

2yn33hf.jpg

my temp bodge to the warming up situation started to leak,upgraded to some proper sized cm blanks

20adurq.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

spent ages getting this ready for mot next week neglected it abit :( horn airbag light and handbrake were the main fixes.... finally got some bmw software that works! and it confirmed my suspicion about the plooms on cold start up.

2lw1yc7.jpg

so began the mass strip of plastic to test the plugs,so annoying....plugs going 1-4 measure 1.8/1.8/1.8/1.7 quick search tells me thats to high so will replace them whilst its in bits....

21on1fr.jpg

found a fair old manifold leak :notme:

1z1wrr4.jpg

295z3ft.jpg

started work on bumper

34o1z53.jpg

i sold the style 32s AND IVE ORDERED NEW WHEELS! :sun:

• Like 1

new plugs fitted

2nlwpdu.jpg

getting back together with new blue filter :clap:

11vmr21.jpg

and done decided to spray the covers all back aswell...

10zu7tu.jpg

finish the bumper spraying and refit,no idea if the car runs sodding battery died :notme:

2l92i6t.jpg

Looking good, reading the thread, has affirmed my wanting of 18" style 32 for my E39. 

Just finishing a few bits of on mine, got hold of the flappy paddle wheel and the picnic table boot. 

Did yours past the MOT?

Looking good, reading the thread, has affirmed my wanting of 18" style 32 for my E39. 

Just finishing a few bits of on mine, got hold of the flappy paddle wheel and the picnic table boot. 

Did yours past the MOT?

cheers bud, ah should of said could of had mine sold them silly cheap in the end..

picnic table boot?? whats that lol..have you got a project thread?

couldn't get it in till this Friday so we will see :p need to fit some side lights before then though..

adjusting the handbrake is a total pain already feel it getting weaker

Edited by TERKIN

I do have kind of a project but needs updating!

No worries, lol didn't think to look for BMW wheels on a skoda forum...

The boot floor is as below but black:

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.locostbuilders.co.uk%2Fupload%2FP1010085%2520(Small).JPG&key=ff1cc3cc96dfdf7fdf493f154c81a94957c72df9485a9b13084920131301e18c

Edited by sigarland1987

I do have kind of a project but needs updating!

No worries, lol didn't think to look for BMW wheels on a skoda forum...

The boot floor is as below but black:

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.locostbuilders.co.uk%2Fupload%2FP1010085%2520(Small).JPG&key=ff1cc3cc96dfdf7fdf493f154c81a94957c72df9485a9b13084920131301e18c

get to it i wanna see :clap:

i didnt think to advertise them on a skoda forum :| they sold in under 2hours :D

ah right never seen that before i wouldnt mind one of those tbh,bet they dont do them for e46 :sweat:

There you go sir a link to the project page:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/315459-dirty-diesel-ford-mondeo-st-tdci/page-2

I will chuck up some pics as she stands at the moment, just got back from buying a 97 Reg 540i Saloon from Wales with 3 people so we can have a V8 Toy. 

• Like 1

passed the mot with 2 advisories one for rubbing the other for a diesel leak  :|

yesterday i fitted the exhaust not a bad job to do,sound wise its not that bad but ive heard better,decat has given the usual driving gains which is nice but its touching the body so idle is abit loud :sweat: fix it later this week

20s9mdx.jpg

2samcjs.jpg

new wheels on to i like them alot but will have to think about spacers...8" and 9" et35 don't sit quite right

s2y928.jpg

t8vjti.jpg

2mo4bhg.jpg

and a new pic of my old 328 :sweat: i want it back

2uqzrj4.jpg

• Like 2

Really like the wheels, BMW OEM spec or after markets?

thanks bud spent ages deciding what ones to get... aftermarket,calibre or something like that.

put some beemer center caps on look better now even though i didn't fit them well.

i also had it remapped today :happy: so much better to drive now...

29dwqyq.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

camber plates on,spacers 15mm and 20mm.. rear roll was a drift style hammer method :p painting the car soon so will fix it then

2it624x.jpg

eslrg4.jpg

fk9on7.jpg

i2iquq.jpg

b7an20.jpg

ixa6p1.jpg

2ufvkug.jpg

i had help destroying my arches default_tongue.png

nbq1r5.jpg

the outside temp has never worked turns out it had been cut off for some reason? so ghetto fixed that with a new one

2guchef.jpg

working default_smile.png

2ezqzcn.jpg

Edited by TERKIN