Octavia Mk2 Aircon issues now sorted - Don't use Kwik Fit for Aircon gassing

Hi guys, if you are having issues with the aircon not working its would be advisable to get a decent automotive aircon guy to take a look and gas/repair it

I went to Kwik fit a few days ago for a re-gas who then cocked it up, letting some gas out of the system and it obviously still not working and now flagging low gas pressure on VCDS

Called a decent chap in, as soon as he turned up he connected up and said its got no gas in it!

A quick leak test just 5 minutes with the leak sensor and it was the pressure switch that was goosed and possibly leaking very slowly being the original

30 mins later a new updated pressure switch fitted and re-gassed, now works perfectly!

We also got him to re-gas the other car on the day, lovely and cold aircon now

Just thought this would help guys thinking of using them, I would never use them for aircon again as they are clueless

Aircon guy works all over the south of England, if you need his details drop me a message

Obviously I wouldn't just post the business up here

Cheers guys

Edited by Welsh_kai_boy
Swear word removed from tags.

If you could pm them to me I'd appreciate it.

Was that £48 per car or all in, little confused by your wording? If per car, does that seem a bit pricey for just a regas but about right for a full service? I may be off the grid on that assumption as I've not looked into this for a long time! :) Conversely, £24 per car for a regas seems a steal! :D

Edited by blackspaven

Hi guys, if you are having issues with the aircon not working its would be advisable to get a decent automotive aircon guy to take a look and gas/repair it

I went to Kwik fit a few days ago for a re-gas who then cocked it up, letting some gas out of the system and it obviously still not working and now flagging low gas pressure on VCDS

Called a decent chap in, as soon as he turned up he connected up and said its got no gas in it!

A quick leak test just 5 minutes with the leak sensor and it was the pressure switch that was goosed and possibly leaking very slowly being the original

30 mins later a new updated pressure switch fitted and re-gassed, now works perfectly!

We also got him to re-gas the other car on the day, lovely and cold aircon now

Just thought this would help guys thinking of using them, I would never use them for aircon again as they are clueless

Aircon guy works all over the south of England, if you need his details drop me a message

Obviously I wouldn't just post the business up here

Cheers guys

I would echo this all day long. Almost identical scenario happened to me and it took me months to get my money back.

Glad you got it sorted in the end!

Please either post up the details or pm me. Thanks.  :clap:

http://www.autoairconditioningltd.co.uk/index.html

£48 approx per car, he sorted my Octy and my missus Audi on the day

My car need a slightly knackered pressure switch (also Kwik fit let the gas out somehow) a new updated switch fitted in no time

I am not sure how far he travels but he is a very nice hardworking bloke and I would use his services again without a doubt

could you also PM me his details would be interested in his services.

JJ

http://www.autoairco...o.uk/index.html

Not sure on your location though mate

£48 approx per car, he sorted my Octy and my missus Audi on the day

My car need a slightly knackered pressure switch (also Kwik fit let the gas out somehow) a new updated switch fitted in no time

I am not sure how far he travels but he is a very nice hardworking bloke and I would use his services again without a doubt

The machine at QuickFit removes the gas fron the car if it has detected a leak. Stops it going into the atmosphere. So what it did was correct?

Granted in a normal situation that may be true

BUT the manager (clueless) was going on about my car being leak free and holding pressure as the gas was put it

Also he said the compressor was not kicking in, which on this type in this car does not do as it is constant

:sun: