Fabia alloys archive

Tom_vRS

This is my ride - DZ Exklusiv DZ1 8,5x17 ET30 with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107- 215/35-17 on KW INOX Coil-over kit

Theres a set of these on edition but there 1 piece + fake bolts like rs reps :( so refurbing them will be sh#t

@joe_vrs_tdi: Thanks mate.. :rofl:

@Dougie S: Harsh ride with 35 profile tyres? Not at all, mate! My KW coil-over kit makes the car jump the sexy way on the road - can't feel much of a difference going from 215/35-17 to 195/50-15 to be honest. Like I said - the KW suspension makes all the difference here, even on low profile tyres. :rock:

@mattvrestate: What fake bolts?

• Like 1

@Dougie S: Harsh ride with 35 profile tyres? Not at all, mate! My KW coil-over kit makes the car jump the sexy way on the road - can't feel much of a difference going from 215/35-17 to 195/50-15 to be honest. Like I said - the KW suspension makes all the difference here, even on low profile tyres. :rock:

Fair enough, I just assumed... Any particular reason you went for 35 profile rather than 40? clearance issues?

So there real bolts?

I just assumed because they are fake splits they had fake bolts...

The ones on edition38.com for sale have curbing so could do with a refurb... i know from having bbs lm reps previously they are a nightmare to refurb because they are 1 piece so u cant split them to do a different finish on the lips (polished/ diamond cut lip.. painted centres)..

If they are fake bolts like the bbs lm and rs reps then when u refurb + acid dip them (to remove the paint) the bolts "melt" because there plastic :(

Fair enough, I just assumed... Any particular reason you went for 35 profile rather than 40? clearance issues?

Yes definitely clearance issues - but also for the better look.

Btw. my brake calipers is only about 1 or 2 mm. from the front wheels - I was so afraid they didn't fit.. lol... :whew:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If there are any Briskoda wheel whores in this thread just a quick question: I have some corrosion I'd like rid of on the edge of a spoke, should I get a pro to do it or is it some thing I could do with some simple kit?

• 3 weeks later...