Need Serious Help Turbo Is Dead

Hello i need serious help my turbo is completely dead the compressor wheel has snapped off and chewed up and i need a new one asap the turbo code is bv39b-0016 aka 5439 970 0016 but i was wondering which pd150 turbo would fit as well since they might be easier to find, my engine is the BLT pd130. My main concern is that there is small metal filings of the compressor wheel in the boost pipes up to the manifold really small ones but im worried in case the engine is gone because of this. I cant believe it has happened the car has only done 65,000 miles but was mapped at 60,000 miles limited at 170bhp and 285ib ft torque hoping this wasnt the cause anyway which pd150 turbos will fit the blt? I have the egr blanked off so thats no problem. Thanks everyone

The pd150 turbo will fit, but the egr port is in a different place. Ideal if you want it blanked off but if you wanted to return it back to standard it wouldn't fit.

I wouldn't worry about the metal filings being in the engine, they will have been chewed up and gone hopefully.

When fitting the new turbo, remove the inlet manifold, boost pipes and intercooler and clean then all before refitting. When you first start the engine leave the top boost pipe to the egr valve off and give it a little Rev, any loose dirt or missing parts will shoot out of that and not into the engine.

If you want to check the engine before fitting a new turbo. Remove the old turbo, blank the oil feed and return off and start it, simple as that.

Good luck.

As hutchy said remove and clean all intercooler pipes and intercooler. When I fitted my pd150 from Darkside they said to remove all manifolds and boost pipes and run the engine for a minute or so allowing any small fragments that may have got in the engine to be thrown out.

Just make sure you have the oil feel blanked or put into the top of the engine.

You'll also need blanking plates and a flexible oil feed hose.