low end lag/ smoke/ loss of power

when i floor it, it does very little... in first and second gear.  It feels like it is suffer-catting, not getting enough air ( ive cleaned out the MAF, with electrical cleaner)  and kinda like back presure causes a cough of black smoke, then it clears though, by the time it clears im up to third, and it runs fine.

Third, fourth,fifth, sixth seem fine.

Things ive done that maybe a issue, timing belt/ aux  - could timing being off cause this?

EGR delete pipe fitted, not been mapped out yet - could this be the cause.

There are no leaks in boosts pipe work, ive had a through check.

There are no fault codes, other than the EGR showing.

Assuming this is a VRS it's most likely a build up of crud in the VNT mechanism of the turbo causing overboost. To be sure you would have to do a boost log on VCDS but it sounds exactly the same as what mine did. Once I cleaned out the turbo it was fine again

Other causes of overboost could be vacuum hose from turbo to box on top of drivers side top suspension mount, the box itself or the actuator on the turbo, but a build up inside the turbo is most likely.

Try searching Mr muscle turbo cleaning

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Assuming this is a VRS it's most likely a build up of crud in the VNT mechanism of the turbo causing overboost. To be sure you would have to do a boost log on VCDS but it sounds exactly the same as what mine did. Once I cleaned out the turbo it was fine again

Other causes of overboost could be vacuum hose from turbo to box on top of drivers side top suspension mount, the box itself or the actuator on the turbo, but a build up inside the turbo is most likely.

Try searching Mr muscle turbo cleaning

Hope this helps

Great advise mate

Is the Mr Muscle safe on seals?

A couple of good useful links for anyone suffering from the same issues. I don't know why its not more common knowledge as lots of people suffer from this at some point

Im a little apprehensive as 80% of the posters suffer from blocked vanes, which effect high end load. From the few posters regarding low gear issues like mine, they are told it most likely is something else... I will try it tho as its relatively simple and i have everything already to go.

You have probably got the Torsion Value wrong, when you change a cam belt the value has to be reset because you can not get it exactly right without using VCDS.

Have a read at this http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/camshaft-timing-torsion-value-adjustment-on-vw-and-audi-pd-tdi-engines/ it takes ages to get it absolutely spot on, so take your time. When finished, switch off all electrical items, disconnect the battery for 30 mins, then without touching any pedals or switches restart and allow to idle for 30 minutes to reset the ECU. Then see the difference.

DB

You have probably got the Torsion Value wrong, when you change a cam belt the value has to be reset because you can not get it exactly right without using VCDS.

Have a read at this http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/camshaft-timing-torsion-value-adjustment-on-vw-and-audi-pd-tdi-engines/ it takes ages to get it absolutely spot on, so take your time. When finished, switch off all electrical items, disconnect the battery for 30 mins, then without touching any pedals or switches restart and allow to idle for 30 minutes to reset the ECU. Then see the difference.

DB

Whats perfect value for Fabia VRS? the link provides values for the passat and jetta, is it the same 0.5?

Mr Muscle is working its magic, while im out of the rain for 20min intervals working the actuator for the next 2 hours... Then will take it for a spin get to red line in second see how it is, get back and test the timing :)

Your looking in the wrong place - Meas Block - Option 4.

DB

Ive just double checked it was 4 i was looking at. The 4 tests on 4 show:

engine speed
spec start of inj
spec inj. duration
synchro angle -3 +3

Im guessing synchro angle, is the same as Torsion value? just with it saying -3 +3 ??

As per the illustration in the Link I sent - Its, Engine, Meas Blocks, Group 4, where it then shows Torsion Value.

DB

Well i have and it says what it says lol, 

engine speed - same as illustration
spec start of inj -  same as illustration
spec inj. duration -  same as illustration
synchro angle -3 +3 -  different, but google tells me its the same thing

Maybe its a anomaly of vcds lite / version ?? (free/ paid)