Jimdiesel's Mk2 Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI 75/150

Jimdiesel

Just ordered the £6.88 cree's looking at the pics theres only one chip per bulb unlike jimbovrs's ones which have two, if they turn out crap ill stick them in the reverse light :)

Just ordered the £6.88 cree's looking at the pics theres only one chip per bulb unlike jimbovrs's ones which have two, if they turn out crap ill stick them in the reverse light :)

Should be more than good enough. Happy with mine and no problems yet :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored earlier in the week and decided to paint my old black lettered TDI badge with some red model paint actually looks pretty good to me anyway lol

WP_20150617_005_zpsjouuayr0.jpg

Edited by jimdiesel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After having squeeky bum time thinking my cars knackered and it turning out to be just a burnt out blower motor resistor ive decided to get it remapped but cant decide on keeping the dpf or not?

Ive been quoted £180 for remap or £320 with the dpf gutted itll pass the visual inspection on mot now but theres rumours of them checking through obd for its presence like in Germany in the future.

Either way im off to France in August and the better half doesn't want me doing any major mods before the long trip lol so got plenty of time to think about it

No normal MOT testing station is going to plug their computer in to test for dpf, they have no reason to. One only has to be visible so they won't bother.

:)

No normal MOT testing station is going to plug their computer in to test for dpf, they have no reason to. One only has to be visible so they won't bother.

:)

Yep i know its visual now keep reading crap about them checking in the future but how they're going to do it is seems unrealistic tbh

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 4G using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Havent been on for a while just got this from Czechoslovakia suprised it came with the plastic trim so the bumper cut will look neat, Just need to find time to fit it :)

20151021_115559_zpsevjpbfni.jpg

And got some new leds for the number plate lights as the last ones lasted until it started getting dark early lol,Theyre a bit too bright if im honest tho

030013fd_zpszicqatif.jpg

• Like 1

All mods done in the dark are the best kind of mods, my coilovers were done in the dark, did it go wrong? Yes, was it an issue? If you consider a spanner getting stuck on a drop link nut a issue then yes :D

Had a laugh to myself about this, remember changing the interior on my lupo in the dark. Let's just say my passenger and drivers seats didn't look right. Both in the wrong place, all bolted in and ready to drive off and then went to put my seat belt on. Brilliant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a laugh to myself about this, remember changing the interior on my lupo in the dark. Let's just say my passenger and drivers seats didn't look right. Both in the wrong place, all bolted in and ready to drive off and then went to put my seat belt on. Brilliant

Was sat in a work shop at midnight holding my steering wheel on full lock while this mechanic just kept on coming and going back and forth constantly getting bigger and bigger tools to smack the spanner off :D

• Like 1

Lol well its done no pics till the tapes off the trim and the tigerseals set think i cut a tad too far to the right tho. Fingers crossed im just overthinking haha

Sent from tapatalk using string and a cup

Should i be doing this in the dark [emoji12]

attachicon.gif20151026_172943.jpg

Sent from tapatalk using string and a cup

looks like it going to go well, Just as long as it wasn't whilst having a beer in hand, I find all beer mods and purchases always end in tears (not that I've ever done it as I'm highly allergic to alcohol) at least you have reminded me that I have to do my exhaust

looks like it going to go well, Just as long as it wasn't whilst having a beer in hand, I find all beer mods and purchases always end in tears (not that I've ever done it as I'm highly allergic to alcohol) at least you have reminded me that I have to do my exhaust

Wow i couldnt imagine life without alcohol! on the plus side all done without it....apart from the purchase haha!

Well its on took these pics before work this morning wont see it in day light until the weekend :( any ideas how to get tigerseal off got some on the valance when repositioning the trim didnt notice until this morning?

20151027_060455_zpsdpsjjflb.jpg

Edited by jimdiesel
  • Like 1

I use what's called sky wipes to get sealant off, brilliant things. Your not to far from me if you want a tub of them.

im across the road in tynant / beddau

Edited by Alexh4551
  • Like 1