Jimdiesel's Mk2 Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI 75/150

Jimdiesel

Looks good mate, would tar and glue be any good for the sealant ?

I use what's called sky wipes to get sealant off, brilliant things. Your not to far from me if you want a tub of them.

im across the road in tynant / beddau

Might take you up on that its only a small bit im hoping i can pick it off with my nail, Is that the same stuff they would use in a coach/body builders?

I use them on all vehicles, there normally used on aircraft. Great for cleaning your hands as well.

I put a tub in the boot of my car just incase you want it.

Thanks mate ill have a go sunday when i get around to cleaning it if i cant get it off ill try some of those wipes cheers

Looks really good, do you have a link for it :)

Thanks ill find it later for you ordered for 30 odd quid from czeckoslovakia lol they are on ebay from around 60 iirc

Sent from tapatalk using string and a cup

Looks really good. A pro couldn't have done a better job.

How the car should have looked when it left the factory.

Off topic - are you missing a valve cap on the rear left?

Thanks they should have definatly left the factory like this and ive got yellow dust caps lol [emoji1]

Sent from tapatalk using string and a cup

Heres the link you have to chop off your old tailpipe insert this into the box and weld it in place, Ive seen them as bolt on ones but for some reason the one that fits the 1.6 tdi is weld only

Ah thought it was slide on, still looks good though so still will get it probably.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fitted hids today and some chrome indicator bulbs they look great only down side is my cool blue osram side lights look yellow in comparison, Got a rear view camera to fit too but run out of daylight theres always next weekend :)

Edited by jimdiesel

• 5 weeks later...

Gone a bit bulb crazy recently currently upgraded the front and rear indicator bulbs to chrome ones so theres no more egg yolk effect on headlights or tail lights, Also upgraded the sidelight bulbs to single led bulbs with resistors as I find they last longer and dont look like a mini xmas trees in the headlamp plus they match the colour of my hids too. And lastly ive fitted mtec chrome style super bright drls as the leds had failed again lol look good very blue tho 

On top of the cob led festoon number plate lights and 6k hid kit already fitted

Rear Indicators

DSCF2635_zps9hkeqyrr.jpg

Sidelights and hids

DSCF2642_zps4mrcp8z3.jpg

Mtec Drls

DSCF2641_zpsbenvrbzz.jpg

Edited by jimdiesel
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Recently got this thing mapped after suffering from a stuck open egr and it was well and truly clogged!

WP_20160929_001_zpsi14rdut5.jpg

WP_20160929_003_zpsp73ohwp7.jpg

Its a complete animal in comparison to before too which is nice, Although leaves me wanting more :D

Bigger intercooler next?

That does look clogged. Bigger intercooler didn't seem to make much difference to mine. As it was already mapped it just helps with temps really. But always good to have it I guess, spoke to Superchips this week and they aren't willing to adjust the map in anyway for me as it isn't tested with more boost or with an egr blank.

Did you get an EGR blanking plate for the inlet manifold? - where the pipe you pictured joined it.

I'm struggling to find the round type delete, probably end up making my own.

Good luck if you go for an S3 intercooler, it's not a straight fit that's for sure :D

That does look clogged. Bigger intercooler didn't seem to make much difference to mine. As it was already mapped it just helps with temps really. But always good to have it I guess, spoke to Superchips this week and they aren't willing to adjust the map in anyway for me as it isn't tested with more boost or with an egr blank.

I figured the yeti type can be had for less than £100 probably £30 from the breakers so not an expensive mod and seeing that a yeti with same engine can achieve more bhp with that being the only difference its worthwhile, Which one did you fit how hard a job was it?

Did you get an EGR blanking plate for the inlet manifold? - where the pipe you pictured joined it.

I'm struggling to find the round type delete, probably end up making my own.

Good luck if you go for an S3 intercooler, it's not a straight fit that's for sure :D

No ive blanked the other end where it goes to the block only theres no flow through it either way but I was looking at darkside egr delete kit it bypasses the egr cooler too not sure if its worth the hassle fitting it though.

Intercooler is currently in the thinking about it stage at the moment lol