Carcraft in administration

MikeF

Not getting much coverage on it form the UK Media & Press .

Rather important & a big deal you might have thought to the Finance Institutions, but then there is a General Election happening.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/carcraft-car-giant-crash-sparks-5618810

We've seen stories on news at ten as well as all the major papers but I guess it's yesterday's or last weeks news now... They sent a text out today informing customers their guarantees are no longer valid just in case customers had missed the news and I assume letters will follow. Customer service are still answering the phones but can't really offer any support other than what's on the website. I guess they feel like punch bags at the moment which is a shame, I think a few customers are ringing in with really positive comments about the company which is good. I'm trying to get some photos of an empty carcraft head office as well as the abandoned unsafe side of the building to rival the recent Chernobyl photos... Will post them if swmbo gives me permission.

Feel sorry for people who have paid a deposit by debit card or cash as it states no refund will be given. If a customer paid by credit card they have to deal with their bank to try and get it back, Sad to see more jobs have gone.

Wonder if yes car credit will ever come back, their adverts were never off the tv, Wonder what that blonde lass with the green suit is upto now. 

Edited by justinbarrow

Wonder what that blonde lass with the green suit is upto now. 

This who you mean?

article-0-0492E78E000005DC-220_634x428.j

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted - every time one folds another opens. Latest in line is Available Car.

As predicted - every time one folds another opens. Latest in line is Available Car.

A quick check shows that Available Car has been operating since 2001 and is owned by the same people as Fords of Winsford (established 1991).